Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
StayForLong
Destinia.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 June 2019

I always stay at the Hotel Selton whenever I am in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. It is my favorite place to stay in Kinshasa. The staff are wonderful. Everyone was very friendly and nice. I love this place. By Gregg L. Friedman MD

Room tip: Ask for a high floor with a view
Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 16 May 2019

usually was staying at the Memling and one time I stayed at the hotel just in front, the Royal, which disappointed me for the bad service!.... Well even here the same, the personnel (in particular Mr PACHA MUKANDA) was very rude when I checked in and I complained about the fact that I asked for the pick up at airport with the shuttle and they did not inform me anything about the cost (50 U$D !!! which normally is 20 with normal taxi!). When I started politely to tell them that they shoud inform a customer about a price for a service he was very rude and answered me badly that they are not supposed to inform... when I told that I will review badly he said he does not care... so here I am ... too bad, next time back to the Memlin hotel,

I wish to coply here below the conversation with this guy, who should learn what does it mean "CUSTOMER SERVICE"

Date of stay: May 2019
1  Thank 168andreaf
Reviewed 12 December 2018

This gem of a property is managed and maintained by a professional staff that maintains all levels of quality in room cleanliness, restaurant food quality. Highly recommend this hotel for business and personal as well as events.

Date of stay: November 2018
Reviewed 27 June 2018

Positive :
Nice hotel, very clean and good smelling. Rooms are new and clean. Loundry service perfect. Staff speak english and the guys in the reception are very kind. Also the lounge bar is nice.

Negative :
Small restaurant. Breakfast can be better. No open space, like gardens. No swimming pool or spa and no fitness center.

Date of stay: May 2018
Reviewed 15 May 2018

A fairly large party of us and as often is the case in Kinshasa, the ability of the staff to deliver the food choices at anything like the same time zone(!!) is wanting. The first to receive their food had been finished for 15 minutes before the last one arrived. To add insult to injury we pre-ordered and were told when we called at the appointed time, that is was ready. Ha!!! Total rubbish, we arrived and had at a minimum a further 15 minute wait till the first guest was served. I had Filet Mignon which was almost inedible, hard and tough and there is really no excuse for it because beef in Africa is usually excellent.

Date of stay: May 2018