“Fabulous stay in quiet well-equipped villa”
New 12m x 3.2m fully tiled lap pool Lap pool and dining area
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
New 12m x 3.2m fully tiled lap pool
Lap pool and dining area
Laimy and her mum enjoying the ocean pool
Yes - it's great in the water
Come and join us for a swim in the ocean pool
A beautiful view when you wake up
View of the house from ocean side
View of the guest and living pavillions
View to the ocean
Where most people like to have their breakfast
A great place to watch the waves or the dolphins
Some of the garden
View to the ocean from the carport
A great view!
Living pavillion balcony
BBQ off living pavillion balcony
A nice place for lunch
A courtyard surrounded by tropical leaves
A quiet spot to read your book!
Living pavillion - living and dining
Living pavillion - kitchen
Main bedroom pavillion
Main bedroom pavillion bathroom
Guest pavillion bedroom
Guest pavillion bathroom
Have a swim on the reef right near the house
Enjoy a sunrise 1
Enjoy a sunrise 2
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Claire866...
Townsville, Australia
“Fabulous stay in quiet well-equipped villa”
Reviewed 2 December 2016 for a stay in November 2016

My family and I stayed at Bukara Beach for two weeks in November and I can thoroughly recommend the villa for anyone wanting to relax and get away from it all. The villa is well equipped and has three pavilions and lots of "hideaway" spots to hang out in. It means you can enjoy family and friends without being in their pockets. Robin's booklet was very comprehensive with useful information in it. Bed and Eki were discrete and always polite and helpful. Thanks Robin, for creating a unique place for everyone to enjoy!

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: The gardens
Liked least: Poor wifi reception
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
Kim R
Sydney, Australia
“Lovely Home”
Reviewed 18 November 2016 for a stay in September 2016

Bukura Beach House is very lovey and we did enjoy our stay there but I hate to say there are a few issues.
The house is on a very bumpy road which after a few days becomes very annoying even if you have a 4WD and car rental in Vanuatu is very expensive but you need a car. I was not prepared for all the bumps in the road and a few times I had a sore back. The next issue was the lack of privacy. The caretakers live on the property and even though they are very nice they can be a little intrusive with things like coming in the house to use the applicances when you are not home and the kids running around screaming very late at night. My husband and I were looking for a romantic getaway and don't feel like we had this. We came home and planned another holiday to make up for it. The sea pool was another issue, as there was a poisionous Lion fish living there the whole time and we only got to use it once. The house is nice and the view is awesome but I was disappointed. There are lots of DVDs to watch at night but be aware that they are scratched so probably just play a board game.
I really don't like saying negative things when I write reviews but I feel that people should be prepared for these things. Unfortunately I was not that impressed with Vanuatu as a whole and will not return.

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: The view
Liked least: The lack of privacy
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Friends getaway Large groups
Management Response
19 Nov 2016
HI Kim
it was sad to hear that you were disappointed with Vanuatu as a whole and it sounds as though you have made the right decision not to return. It is good to read that you did enjoy your stay at the house despite a few issues. Yours is my 100th review on Trip Advisor and with such great feedback over the last 9 years ( about 90% excellent standard10% very good) this was a big surprise. I would have appreciated you bringing the two issues within my control to my attention during your stay of 16 nights (we did email during this time when I notified you of a local power outage) so I could act it if required. In nine years I have never received negative feedback about Eki and Obed and their family so this is a big surprise for me.If anything, people feel they add a cultural aspect they would not otherwise experience. Eki comes in to clean windows etc and wash sheets/towels during guest's stay as indicated on the Guest Information Sheet provided to you. She prefers to do this while people are out so they are not bothered.I have just spoken with her and she confirmed that this was what she did during your stay. There are over 1000 DVDs - did you those you found unusable aside so guests did not have to have the same experience?There are over 50 TV series which should certainly not be in that state. As far as the issues not in my control - The road has been impacted by some big rains of late and we try to get it graded every few weeks. People have swum in the ocean pool over the last 9 years and no-one has been bitten by anything. I cannot manage which fish swim in and out of it. Thanks for taking the time to complete your review. Feedback is always welcome at bukurabeachhouse. Regards, Robin
Sue P
Melbourne
“Beautiful property and exception value”
Reviewed 17 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016

I keep coming back to bukurabeachhouse because I love the house and
grounds and the prices haven't changed in ten years.Just cannot beat that.
Robin maintains the property in the best condition - still as clean and
beautiful as ever. I love having peace and quiet and just lying around
reading and listening to the waves.The ocean pool is an absolute
winner.....I can spend hours snorkelling there and even discovered a new
small fish I had never seen there in my previous visits.This is a really
exceptional place and Robin really goes out of her way to make your stay
special.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: fabulous location with magnificent views
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Australia...
Australia
“Like a resort - only better”
Reviewed 15 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Our recent trip to bukurabeachhouse was so special. The house is located in beautiful gardens and a wide vista of the ocean. We even saw dolphins one morning. There are so many places to sit and relax. It is so nice to be away from the hustle and bustle of traffic and town. Obed and Eki are fabulous and you never know they are there until you want to ask them about something. Sam the driver was a real find - great prices and always on time. Better than hiring a car to be honest. Really recommend him for tours as well.We found a fabulous cake shop in town in the same complex as the Cinema - cannot speak highly enough of the bread, croissants and cakes. Very French! Highly recommend bukurabeachhouse.

Travelling group: Friends
janlant
Brisbane, Australia
“Fantastic place to stay- you won't be disappointed 😀”
Reviewed 4 July 2016 for a stay in June 2016

We have just returned from a spectacular week in Vanuatu. This was our first visit and I'm certain it won't be our last. The property is as described a spectacular beach fronted villa. It is fully equipped with everything you could need for a very relaxing holiday . The accommodation is great , fully equipped kitchen and BBQ, beautiful lounge and very comfy bedrooms. You are spoilt for choice when it comes to plenty of beautiful spots to sit and enjoy the vista , chill , read or swim in the rock pool. Having a local family on site to assist if we needed them was a fantastic asset . Obed and Ekii were very welcoming and helpful but unobtrusive. The road to the property is quite long and bumpy but easy to navigate. The owner of the property will give you some excellent information when you book so you have a great idea of what to expect in and around the area.we had a fantastic relaxing family holiday , there are lots to keep teenagers occupied and active , water hole, zip lining , village visits, snorkelling and cycling tours and climbing . Or you can just chill . We loved it .

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Teenagers
Friends getaway Older travelers
Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing