“Lovely place. Must visit!”
Review of La Castana

La Castana
Ranked #5 of 3 175 Restaurants in Bogota
Cuisines: International, Healthy, Cafe
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: A unique and cozy place in Chapinero Alto with amazing pastries, baked empananadas and excellent coffee.
Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

My friend and I stayed in Bogota for about a week. We found this place very close to where we stayed. That's why we initially visited but we kept coming back because of the ambient, the food, the staff.. this place was wonderful. We mostly stopped for breakfast. Their egg sandwiches are amazing. Also definitely try the aguadepanela.

1  Thank Maria G

Reviewed 24 April 2018

We went there for breakfast because it was walking distance from our airbnb, it is on residential street where you don't expect a café to be there, they have a nice front patio, and to our convenience one of the waiters spoke French and he was able to serve us in French, nice touch. The food and coffee were delicious. Highly recommended if you are staying in Chapinero

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

First ever review - was very excited to find Chicken Madras on the menu. Less excited to find a glass of red wine more expensive than London at COP 15000. I persevered until the smallest measure of wine arrived, to which I complained. Food was OK but as far removed from Madras as Argentina. Again the scrimping continued with only 7 tiny pieces of chicken and enough rice to make the dish into a small soup with zero spice. When food and wine finished, I waited for an eternity for any service to ask for the bill while staff chatted behind counter and sat on floor. Gave up and paid too much for too little, like a fast food joint at the counter. 1 star only for the decor and music (wine was 17000 with service - although received none). Won’t return.

1  Thank David A
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Cozy restaurant in the ChaoineroSpanish neighborhood. Multiple meno choices, most of them chicken, meat and lamb, but few vegetarian options. Get the quinoa salad, with mango, lettuce, avocado, cashews. It's great. I wanted also the veggies quiche, but they were out. Prices are reasonable. I also liked the mango lemonade.
English and Spanish music playing.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

This is an excellent fusion breakfast restaurant. I enjoyed the empanadas, I had the chicken, beef, and vegetable. They provided 4 different sauces for the empanadas, the spicy one was my favorite. The latte was excellent, I wish it was bigger portions so I didn't have to order 2. The tomato soup was excellent, I also ordered 2, I would order this again. The arepa also was very delicious. The wait staffs were all very friendly. This is a good place for breakfast. I liked the outside seating.