“worth a trip to Bogota (and, given the traffic, that’s saying a lot)”
Review of Salvo Patria

Salvo Patria
Ranked #47 of 3 132 Restaurants in Bogota
Cuisines: Contemporary, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

Ok I’m sure all have 5-star/superlative review fatigue. But I can’t help this one. One of the most interesting and very best meals in my (pretty long, now) life. Only a few rank in a small group after French Laundry, and I think this undernoticed place is in this tier.

Cute casual hip-ish place. Friendly, great service. Safe neighborhood (but I wouldn’t walk far at night). Great for borderline seniors (a lot is in one’s perspective) though most were 25-40.

Food is apparently creative Colombian. Everything tasted different and wonderful from other versions. Tons of interesting spices and spice “processes”, but everything subtle and never over flavored. Surprises in every dish. I’m not fond of quinoa, but this was great. Burrata and tuna tartare and even veggie curry unlike any I’ve had before. Wonderful. Then the smoked trout on tiny fritters that explode flavor when bitten.

All above were appetizers and generous size. Menu is very interesting. Meat too but we don’t eat it. Looked equally great

Nice wine and beer list.

Price: Huge meal for 2 for $75 incl T&T and wine and cocktail.

We love good food. This was really great and really creative. Alejandro (co-owner, co-chef?) explained each dish to us since staff speak little English.

I don’t think there’s all that much for tourists to do beyond a few wonderful museums and produce markets in Bogotá, but include this on your list if you want a really wonderful and different type of dinner. This place is an 11.

1  Thank Jg793

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

If there is a characteristic than can describe this place is that it has an excellent service. Bernardo made our night, he is very enthusiastic and is paying attention to every detail. The food is very good, very good presentation of the dishes and the taste is really really good. When I arrive at first I found the place very rustic and informal but I was very impressed at the end because the food is very good plus the service is excellent. Super recommended the Milhoja.

Reviewed 12 January 2018

Went with a party of 5 people so we tasted quite a lot of dishes. Most of them were really tasty, good sized portions and well cooked food, but I think it's a bit overpriced for Bogota (drinks are not cheap either). Atmospheres is nice and service was very good. Recommend you try it but expect a big bill.

Reviewed 7 January 2018

Excellent lunch, had a steak with vegetables, great little wine and beer selection, coffee and service really stood out.

Reviewed 18 December 2017

I went there with friends for dinner and we had a really nice time. The cocktails are amazing (try the lulada con ginebra!) as was the food. We shared 4 entrées, 2 main courses and 3 deserts and all where delicious! The staff was very friendly and there is free wifi as well (altough I suggest enjoying the food rather than typing on your phone...).

One of the best restaurant I went to in Bogota!