“Great place!”

Mini Mal
Ranked #32 of 3 284 Restaurants in Bogota
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chapinero
Description: This small restaurant is also the base of a design bureau. The fusion food served here is an amazing mix of the most delicious Colombian flavors. Coastal recipes meets traditional fruit desserts, along with some delicacies that are exotic even for the locals. I have lived here for a long time and this place is a revelation.
Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

The food lived up to the descriptions I’ve read about the place beforehand - local (Colombian, Caribbean, etc.) and perhaps a bit experimental. It was indeed quite enjoyable! My absolute favourites was my appetizer, which was called Pika Pikas or something like that (see picture), and a very fresh arazá juice! The service was also remarkable, and the food came very quickly (even though that could just have been me being there at 6pm).

Reviewed 9 April 2018

As a group of 4, we unanimously have been delighted by the originality of the menu offered to us, a light gourmet cuisine, with a completely different touch. Flavors from the Amazon, from the coasts, in a subtle mix. A unique experience.

malmini, Director General at Mini Mal, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Thank you for your comments. We are glad that you enjoyed.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

A innovative and artisan restaurant with Colombian food with an arty twist. The starters are the most interesting in taste and style. A bit nonchalant service but definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

We loved it so much that we made another reservation in April, when we return to Bogota to fly back home.

Our server was Miguel. He was great. Two drinks were two exotic Amazonian fruit juice neither of which was adulterated by anything else. It was PURE DELIGHT. The small, Orange fruit that came on top of the bamboo skewer of the drinks were so good and I liked these so much that they brought a small bowl full of these for us for free. We ordered two appetizers, and one main. The first appetizer is now making me almost drool. It was the Plantain balls with crab meat inside and an amazing hot sauce on the side. Again I loved the sauce so much that we were given three other kinds of sauces/peppers to try. The second appetizer was squid cracklings. The tomato chutney on top was DIVINE and so was the squid.Then came the main. It was a Blow Fish (NOT FUGU) dish with a side salad. It was tantalizing. Can't find any other adjectives but I would not mind flying back to Bogata from San Francisco in the future to eat in Mini Mal. The timing of serving every dish was perfect as well. Did I say that the coconut rice of the man dish was the best coconut rice we have ever had? It was savory and delicious.

malmini, Propietario at Mini Mal, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Thank you so much for your comments, we are cery happy that you enjoyes the food and the service. We would like to hear your suggestions or comments about the music.
Thank you again.

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

We started a the chicharron squid, which was delicious. Main course was the fish (just average) and the pork chops, which was great. Ambiance could be a litlle more cozy. Service was great.