All reviews great budget hotel hot water free breakfast hotel is located cons pros noise usd monserrate
Reviewed 20 August 2017

The hotel is located in the historic district. It is really good value for money. The room was clean and comfy with quality furniture. The only downside is that the area can be a bit dodgy at night, no problem at all in daytime.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

I am so glad that I chose this hotel above any other in Santa fe. Ten days here and I felt very comfortable. The hotel staff always smiled (especially the manager who is an amazing gentleman) and bent over backwards to make sure I received all of my request. My Spanish is just as bad as their English lol but we managed to understand each other. Make sure you learn Spanish before travelling as many Colombians do not speak English but are trying to learn.
Yes, outside of the hotel at night it can be pretty dangerous but as soon as you step into the building you feel safe and secure.
To other solo guest who wish to bring back some late night company, just make sure you book for two people otherwise you will face an additional charge for guest.
I'm sure I will visit Colombia again in a few years or so and when I do, I know exactly where I will be staying.

Thank you for having me Hotel San Francisco

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 January 2017

San Francisco is a good budget option and I liked the location. Went to the Museo National, and also walked up septimax to the Museo de Oro, and plaza. lots of things to see in this area. Not safe at night, except going towards the north is OK.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 January 2017 via mobile

I like this hotel because it's very easy to get to from airport. There are many local places to eat walking distance during daytime. Value is great and free hot breakfast and free wifi is a good benefit. The staff are very friendly. As most Colombians are. Great country and people.

Visiting from USA

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank cessna_2100
Reviewed 26 October 2016

I check-out a week earlier from this hotel due to the fact the this hotel is terrible with customer service starting with the operations manager, upon check-out He send the bell-man to my room while I was at the front desk, to check that I did not take the tv control remote, towels, etc. etc. make me feel like a thief, he stated that they do with everybody upon check-out, what a horrible policy of a hotel with a lot of potential, the operations manager was rude, I did not want to argue, it was not worth it, he make feel bad, I guess locals steal but, we do not need to do that, shame on this terrible "operations manager" , employees have no idea what customer service is, except Layda a front desk agent, very customer service oriented employee that looks embarrass when this guy send the bell-man to check my room upon check-out trying to changed the subject asking me if I will stop by in Miami on my way back to Washington, D.C. also, the area of the hotel is not safe at all, it is in a ghetto area, so, if you are concern about your safety PLEASE DO NOT STAY IN THIS HOTEL, safety should be first priority when you travel abroad

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo