“Great Experience. Do it with Gravity. They are the best. ”
Review of WMDR Yungas Road

WMDR Yungas Road
Book In Advance
More Info
US$125,00*
and up
Death Road: Mountain Bike Tour on the World's...
Ranked #6 of 125 things to do in La Paz
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

wonderful. take lots of clothing layers. Ultra superb. The best day ever in Bolivia. A superb country

Write a ReviewReviews (1 914)
All reviews
"barracuda biking"
in 15 reviews

10 - 14 of 1 914 reviews

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Was an insane experience, despite it tripping down the entire day and getting very muddy. Barrow biking was great, really good food, picked us up on time, and the guides were great.
Not sure what the other review is about not getting a dvd, we went back the next day and they had it working no problem. The bikes were fine, nothing wrong. Maybe if you want a bit more comfort, pay more for the better bike. But for students travelling on a budget, the bike were more them fine and it was the cheapest company by far, charging between 320-350 bob.
Had a great day!

Reviewed 27 June 2018

We took our dead road tour on 11.05. 2018. It was only me, my husband, guide and driver. The guide was taking care of us, taking pictures, videos, he was very nice. When something happened with the bikes, he just changed it for the new one. (The bikes were quite old, but it was ok) Everything went great, except the last part. In the agency, we were told, we take normal, asphalt road, but on the way back driver took us on the same dead road back instead of the normal road. On the way back, we stopped two times for pictures. While getting to the car for the first time, the driver throwaway empty can of beer and for the second break we heard opening of the can but he was hiding it. Basically we didn't see him drinking.. but for us was defiantly dead road more dangerous on the way back on the car than on the bikes.

2  Thank lsupejova
Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

I looked at a few different companies and various reviews.

All things considered I decided to do the ‘passenger option’ with gravity assist and I was not disappointed. The scenery was spectacular, the driving safe and overall it was a highlight of my time in LaPaz.

I can’t recommend them enough - I was so impressed by their level of briefing at each stage - all riders got down safely (can’t say the same for other companies we saw) - so if you want to ride or be a passenger, I would recommend gravity assist for a great day!

2  Thank 35andcounting