“Punta del Este City Tour”

Excellence Turismo Day Tours
Ranked #6 of 20 Tours in Punta del Este
More attraction details
Owner description: Excellence Turismo offers you the best attractions in Punte Del Este and all Uruguay with a personal attention: Regular or private City Tour, Wine Tour with tastings, Visit of Typical Estancias, Adventure tour, Hunting, Horseback riding and much More. Please visit our website for further information. We can advise you to have an unforgettable stay in this beautiful country. We speak English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian and other languages.
Reviewed 11 January 2016

Wow, we love Punta Del Este. When you visit please make sure to book your tour via Excellence Turismo. Marianne was really great in making sure our tour was well organized. We've visited on a cruise ship and i've made arrangements for 16 persons in total. The guide was really good, her English was very good and we've had fun half day tour. We all agreed the tour bus was the most luxurious we've ever seen. They pick you up straight from the pier. Make sure you book an indepent tour with them when you're on a cruise ship. They do almost exact the same tour as you can book on the ship ( you see your fellow guests at all the stops ) but for just a fraction of the price they charge you on board the ship.

ExcellenceTursimo, Guest Relations Manager at Excellence Turismo Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2016

Hello Jessica and Marco, Thanks a lot for your comment. We are really happy that you enjoyed the tour in Punta del Este. We always make sure than the guide is a professional English speaking guide and the vehicle is well adapted to the group and also comfortable. Don´t hesitate to contact us again if you want to discover more of Uruguay. Kind regards from al the team Excellence Turismo.

Reviewed 6 January 2016

Excellence Turismo provided a very nice and personal tour in both Montevideo and Punta del Este during our recent visit. We were Ina cruise ship and found the tour much more informative and personal and those provided by the cruise company. Further, they were significant less expensive. They picked us up right at the exit of the port without any difficulties. I highly recommend this company.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
ExcellenceTursimo, Customer Services at Excellence Turismo Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2016

Excellence Turismo is always working hard on providing the right services for the visitors of Uruguay. Thank you very much for your words.
Regards from all the Team

Reviewed 29 December 2015

I had booked a group shore excursion with Turismo Excellence in Punta del Este. I noticed someone complaining they did not get a refund when the ship did not tender as arranged. Marianne and think it was Pierre that I dealt with by email made it quite clear that 48 hrs cancellation was required for a refund of the 50% deposit. I had made a deposit of $260US for the whole group which is about $380 in Australian. We were doing a pre cruise tour of South American and my husband ended up in hospital and we were advised to return to Australia and not continue. I emailed Turismo Excellence and within a few days I had a refund in my account. They did not ask for proof that he had been hospitalised just took my word for it. I could have provided proof but given the stress of having someone in hospital in a foreign country where I do not speak the language is stressful enough. I really appreciated their compassion at a difficult time. They also offered to keep the price for other members of the group if the 6 others were able to rebook, at the same price for the six passengers as it would have been for the eight of us.
Well done Turismo Excellence for your efficiency in running your business and for your understanding in what was one of the most difficult times in my life. After two weeks of doctors/hospitals/clinics and trying to rebook travel home we are back in Australia. Thank you so much. Regards Christine.

ExcellenceTursimo, Guest Relations Manager at Excellence Turismo Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2015

Dear Christine,

Thank you very much for your comment!
As you said our cancellation policy is cleary said in our quotation to avoid a misunderstanding with our guest. In your case, we didn´t ask any proof as we just trusted you in this difficult moment.
We sincerly hope that your husband is getting better. Don´hesitate to contact us again if you would like to visit our beautifull country.
Kind regards from all Excellence Turismo Team.

Reviewed 27 January 2015

A good time was had by all 8 of us. Although I shouldn't speak for the others we had plenty of room in our air conditioned van. Our guide was knowledgeable of the area. We went to certain areas first to avoid the massive busloads of our fellow cruisers. This is the way to see the sights. The Ralli Museum made the tour perfect. We were not rushed and had plenty of time to see the art. We went to a seaside restaurant for lunch. Our guide assisted in ordering the food and drink. This stop was necessary since we had been going most of the morning. Some folks were not happy about paying for the meal since you can eat on board for free. This was ridiculous since we paid for a full day and didn't get back until 5. The fresh fish market down by the docks was quite the experience, including the sea lions dining on the fish carcasses.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
3  Thank William M
See more reviews
Reviewed 12 January 2015

We scheduled a private tour with Excellence Tourismo during our Oceania Cruise in December 2014. The ship anchored off of Punta Del Este, but with terribly high seas tendering was deemed dangerous. The Captain opted to leave and skip the port. I emailed Excellence immediately that morning. They replied that they would not refund my substantial deposit and I should seek it from travel insurance. I was shocked. We didn't miss the tour by choice and the decision to leave was out of my control. I have traveled all over the world and always book private tours myself when cruising. I never thought I would be charged for a tour I never took when the cancellation was due to weather dangers. I understand they had guides and vehicles ready for us, but they had my deposit in hand 8 months before the day of the tour.
From now on I will check the policy of any private tour I contact with as to their policy in this circumstance .

1  Thank napoli96
ExcellenceTursimo, Propietario at Excellence Turismo Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2015

We understand your feelings but note that the spot of Punta Del Este have the particularity that the cruises doesn’t docks at the pier and is the decision of the captain of the cruise to authorize the descend of the passengers threw a service of tenders. You have to know that the 3rd of December at 14h30 PM in Punta del Este the sun was shining and the sea very calm but on the morning we had 2 boat canceled assuming the full cost for the guides and the vehicles waiting for all the services contracted.

In case we received the cancelation information the prior day (the cruise have a weather forecast system on board) we have to assume the full refund of the deposit (50%) but for this special circumstances when the cancelation is done few hours before the services the refund of the deposit is done directly by the trip insurance and is our duty to help our guest with all the documentation they require for his insurance company.

In order to compensate this frustrated situation if some day you have the opportunity to return to Uruguay you will get a 20% OFF for all the activities we propose.