“Excellent “parrilla” at good pirces.”
Review of El Novillo Alegre

El Novillo Alegre
Ranked #110 of 283 Restaurants in Punta del Este
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours
Description: It´s a butcher store and besides has a small restaurant, so you choose the food in the butcher and they made this for you.
Reviewed 22 June 2017

Novillo Alegre is indeed a butchery. They added a restaurant and do an excellent bar-b-cue done with premium meat and other typical “parrilla” food. Ideal for days with nice temperature. Simple but friendly service.

Reviewed 25 May 2017

My friend and I decided on this place at the last minute on a Sunday evening. We weren't keen on going out, but this restaurant is close to her apartment. We are very glad we did. She ordered a steak caesar salad and I had a NY strip - the meat was perfectly seasoned on both. We also each had the ceviche appetizer, which was nicely balanced. The servers were taking a bit of time to refill our drinks, but once we said something they were very on top of it going forward and very attentive to any questions we had regarding the menu. About the only thing I will say is that my steak was a little tough, but I also did not choose the most tender cut. Save room though...their crepe with apples & ice cream is DELISH! We split one, and it was more than enough but so tasty that I could have eaten an entire one on my own.

I will also say that the ambience here is lovely. There's an indoor/outdoor seating area which would be nice if it's dry. There is also a wine bar where you can order by the glass or buy bottles. The price was about equal what we would have paid in the US, but that's normal for CR. Next time I'm in town I will definitely go back.

Reviewed 1 February 2017

Great place to buy excellent meats ..and some kosher items . It's really a store , but one can also sit and eat chorizos , or a steak ..or rips ....it's all very good ...but it's not a fancy restaurant ...it's a store with an area to eat ! Indoor or outdoors ...! Great for a quick meal or a taste of South American grilled beef !

Reviewed 25 November 2014

Next to a 150 sq mt Butcher shop you will find this Uruguayan grill with 6 tables, simple but fresh from the butcher to the grill and to the mouth...amazing chimichurri dressing. Choripan sandwich recommended and Chivito Sandwich recommended.

Reviewed 24 November 2014 via mobile

Stopped it for a bite when a rain squall caught us. Smells from the parrilla part were wonderful! Chorizo was good. Also the pollo. Didn't try the lomo. Liked the concept that you could buy your meat in the shop and have the parrilla cook it up for you.