“Worst in the world ”
Review of Europcar Abu Dhabi

Europcar Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I have never dealt with such a poor company. It was Florence. Car cancelled the night before. Staff rude. Possibly the worst company I have ever dealt with. Would rather walk than hire a car from then Avoid at all costs

Reviewed 1 October 2017

Every time you try to make an arrangement with them, they are simply always incredibly late! It is unacceptable that they just waste your time, as you are actually paying them for this service.

We have waited more than 30 mins on several occasions for either pick up or hand in of rented cars.

If you treasure your time just a bit, then I cannot recommend Europcar.

1  Thank KiaMarieHejlskov
Reviewed 23 October 2016

Dear Sir/Madam,
I have been selling Europe Car product on regular basis, recently I have booked Mercedes c-class 1.8 as per below by agency through (Europe Car Dubai) (Evoucher no: 51021869).Pick up from Zurich Airport and drop at Geneva Airport. I was carrying all the necessary document which needed as per terms and condition (like…. International driving license , UAE driving license and Credit card) but Zurich Airport Europe Car refused to hand over the Car to me , as per them to pick up luxury Car should have 2 credit card but Europe Car Dubai and Zurich didn’t supplied this information and on the voucher also nothing mentioned about 2 credit card . After that My agency spoke to Zurich Airport Europe Car and explained to them this is not Mr.Marwan fault or mine, then they asked to block CHF 7,000 from my credit Card but he was having CHF 4,000 in his card :
As a result I couldn’t pick up the Car and took a Taxi to Interlaken and paid CHF 500 , again he paid CHF 750 to go Geneva from Interlaken , almost CHF 3500 he had to spent unnecessary just because of this issue .
I meet a friend there in Inrterlaken who booked Mercedes S Class through Europe Car Dubai and they blocked CHF 750 only , So why Mr.Marwan had to suffer ?
When I chick to again below regarding deposit policy which was containing in the quotation email ,because I would like know in the quotation email it’s mentioned (The total amount to be authorised on your credit card including the deposit will be : CHF1,195.65 ) but when we spoke ( Europe Car Zurich ) they asked to deposit CHF 7,000 .

Deposit

When you arrive at the rental location, you will be asked to leave a deposit for your rental. The deposit amount will be authorised on your credit card but not debited from your account. The deposit is intended to cover additional rental costs which may be incurred. If you have not already paid for your rental at the time of booking, then the price of the rental will also be authorised on your credit card in addition to the deposit.

The total amount to be authorised on your credit card (including the deposit) will be : CHF1,195.65

Should you need any additional information regarding the deposit +41 (43) 2555656

So ,we need a proper answer with compensation from Europe Car Dubai as well as Europe Car Zurich ?

1  Thank MARWAN A
Reviewed 11 October 2016

Signed a contract for their car with Fils 1( AED 0.01)/km for extra mileage.
Returned the car and was charged AED 1/km for my extra mileage.
Called to complain, Reception refused to connect me to management and they said there is no difference between AED and fils.
Complained to HQ, no response.

I have dealt with Europcar since 2012 to 2015; but all rentals throughout 2016 werent satisfying ( uncleaned cars, very late arrival to recall car from park which is in a different location, etc) and the last one was where I had it.
Europcar days are over.

Conclusion: moved to another rental company for all my personal and corporate (16,000) employee rental requirements.
Irony is: I have reached Gold guest and about to make it to platinum and invested 10's of thousands whilst they didn't bother to attend to couple of hundred dirhams. Negligible amount, but truly indicates the level of care.

You can also get much better prices in 1-2 other rental companies and be treated to much higher and better standards.

2  Thank ABebars