“Amazing Tour”

Pomegranate Day Tours
Ranked #53 of 206 Tours in Tel Aviv
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Our possibilities for private day tours in Israel are so varied. Whether they be religious interest, archaeology, architecture, modern art or street art, food, wine, cookery, adventure, the desert, museums, peoples, villages, cities, nature, trekking, spiritual, heritage, music or culture, we will tailor a tour to suit your interests and will match you with one of our outstanding guides.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My family of four toured the Old City in Jerusalem one day and Masada & the Dead Sea the next. We had an amazing guide (Adrian); very friendly, knowledgeable, on time, and just the right ratio of information to funny story to keep two teenagers interested. Booking with Pomegranate was easy. They promptly answered all my many questions and were very patient when I changed my mind. A friend of ours recommended this tour company to us and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for quality service, interesting guides, and friendly staff.

All reviews
"small group"
"day trip"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were 4 very experienced travellers in our late 60's who look for flexibility and quality when we use an operator. Many of our trips we create ourselves but in the case of Israel we wanted an on the ground expert as this religious,political and economic history is so complicated. I spoke to a number of operators who all quoted the usual boiler plate stuff. I found Pomegranate thru Travel and Leisure. My first e mail was answered by the founder Hannah who started the communication by asking questions. I knew I had found someone I could work with. We wanted very specific experiences which educated us about the history of Israel . We wanted non tourist food experiences and we wanted to stay on a kibbutz , visit there Golan heights and leave with a deep understanding on not only the history of Israel but also what effects it today economically, politically and security.
Hannah told me they pride themselves on their tour guides and as she ever correct.
Our guide, whom a number of reviewers have spoken of was Eitan. We can't speak to highly of what he meant to each of us and the depth of our experience. He was knowledgeable about the history of the country but willing to discuss the challenges facing Israel today. He has a great sense of humor witnessed by the outrageous headgear he had to wear to get into a restaurant at Purim but his willingness to answer the most intrusive questions really added to the experience. We are all very well read and thought we know a lot about Israel...we know very little and are privileged to spend 8 days with Eitan and the Pomegranate family. The hotels were excellent, the restaurants recommended by Eitan and the Pomegranate family terrific and I need to say a special Mahalo (thank you in Hawaiian) to Leesa who checked in with us every day.
I highly recommend them for all of your needs in Israel.

Reviewed 14 January 2018

We just came back from our private guided tour/ Bat Mitzvah. From the moment we landed we were immediately taken care of. The VIP expedited arrival and departure from the airport was an A+. We were taken in private vans from hotel to hotel. The attention to detail was fantastic. Leesa was amazing to work with. She was in constant communication with us.
Our guides were equally amazing along with the tours. I had a hard time deciding on which tour company to choose. I am so happy to say we choose Pomegrante tours. I would definitely recommend them!

Hannah B, General Manager at Pomegranate Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2018

Thank you so much for your kind words and we are so delighted you had a great time out here - Leesa sends her very best to you from the office! We look forward to seeing you out here next time!

Reviewed 26 December 2017

My wife and I along with two other couples (very, very close friends before the trip and still very close friends after the trip) traveled together throughout Israel for two weeks. It was the first time visiting Israel for four of us. Pomegranate took care of arranging everything for our trip in October of 2017. Let me just say that SOME PEOPLE might consider me to be a bit controlling and not very accepting of putting vacation plans in the hands of an unfamiliar travel company. While I didn't give up complete control, I basically put all of the decisions about our trip in the hands of the excellent Pomegranate staff. Pomegranate offered various options to us and we were able to make informed decisions after discussions among ourselves, research and the excellent guidance of our Pomegranate representative, Ryan Dritz. The service, itinerary planning, recommendations, selection of a guide, restaurant suggestions and hotel choices (David Citadel (Jerusalem), Royal Beach (Tel Aviv), The Setai (Galiilee), Hotel Beersheet (Ramon Crater) were all excellent. Ryan answered all of our (my) probing, inquisition like questions and was patient and comforting regarding some itinerary changes that were made. He was extremely friendly and very professional and handled all of our arrangements with grace and enthusiasm. I would use Pomegranate again in a second. You should use them if you are looking for an excellent, first class, top notch adventure to Israel. Leesa Oved helped us with recommendations for restaurants, reservations and was awesome. Leesa and Ryan checked in with us regularly to make sure that everything was running smoothly and that we were happy, which we were.

Without a doubt we had the best Tour Guide in all of Israel, Nadav Kersh. He was obtained by Pomegranate. After interviewing Nadav over the phone, we selected him and could not have made a better choice. He was absolutely amazing and I would highly recommend traveling through Israel with Nadav. His English is excellent. He is bright (a true scholar about all things Israel) and he was funny, friendly, charming and witty. He was an excellent Guide and you can not go wrong choosing him. In fact, I wouldn't waste time interviewing anyone else. He does tours for Jews and Christians. He provided an excellent education about all things Israel in a story telling way that kept you interested and fascinated by his depth of knowledge.

Pomegranate also arranged transportation for us throughout our trip via a luxury Mercedes Van that easily could have accommodated 12 people. Our driver, Alex Forman was an excellent driver, excellent driver, excellent driver (as Rainman would say) very friendly and was there to make sure that he was waiting for us at the end of a long day of touring. The van was luxurious. Alex also added interesting facts to the narrative provided by Nadav. He was simply great.

P.S. to Ryan. Thank you for your recommendations on restaurants. We had great meals throughout Israel. The brisket sandwich at Crave was my favorite sandwich ever.

Hannah B, Owner at Pomegranate Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2017

Thank you for such kind words! It was really a pleasure having you out here and I am so glad to hear that it was an enriching as well as enjoyable experience. We look forward to welcoming you back!