“A truly boutique experience”
Review of Israel Wine Tour

Israel Wine Tour
Ranked #3 of 54 Food & Drink in Tel Aviv
More attraction details
Owner description: Israel Wine Tour specializes in custom tailored wine tours throughout Israel. We have been leading wine tastings in boutique and large scale wineries since 2008 and pride ourselves with the special relationship we have developed with Israel’s finest wine makers. Our tours combine the history of wine making in Israel dating back over 2100 years, along with wonderful vista points and exquisite food, all accompanied by world class wines. Israel Wine Tour are Licensed Tour Guides by the Israeli Ministry of Tourism and are happy to offer custom tailored tours throughout Israel.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

My wife and I worked with Barak and Israel Wine Tour to set-up a relocation tour from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem during our honeymoon in Israel in March 2018. Working with Barak from the initial contact through our tour was a fantastic experience. I consider myself a self-professed wine nerd and I was very excited to have the chance to go wine tasting in Israel. We've been tasting in several parts of the US as well as in Europe. Because I'm not as knowledgeable about Israel's wine regions other than a couple Wine Spectator articles I've read I thought a tour would be a great way to get to know more about the region. We needed to have transportation from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem anyway so the relocation tour was a perfect fit for us.

I corresponded with Barak initially over the phone and later via email. He asked a couple questions about what my wife and I wanted to see as well as what we liked to drink. I mentioned to him a couple of the wineries I was aware of from Wine Spectator and he helped us narrow in on the wineries that would make the most sense to visit. Because I've been tasting a few times I know that I prefer having the chance to meet with winemakers or individuals more intimately involved in the process rather than just tasting in a tasting room environment. Barak was able to suggest a number of places that offered more of this experience and I really appreciated that. There were two of the wineries we visited where it was just the winemaker, Barak, and us which gave me the chance to ask a ton of questions and really feel like I got to know the person behind the product. I would also say that Barak is very knowledgeable about the wine region and was able to answer a lot of the questions I had. I know enough to be dangerous and I really enjoyed being able to speak with someone as knowledgeable as Barak.

In addition to a really well set-up tour Barak also made sure we had plenty of water and often volunteered to help us take pictures of the different places we visited which I often forget to do, but now we have tons of memories to look back at. Barak also gave us a ton of great dining recommendations for both Tel Aviv and Jerusalem. He helped me to make a couple calls and those meals were some of our most memorable and tasty of our trip. I thought that was a huge added fringe benefit of the tour and one I'd highly encourage you to take advantage of.

Overall if you need a wine guide in Israel I think you'll be really pleased with Israel Wine Tours.

Barak Y, Owner at Israel Wine Tour, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Erik, It was such a pleasure to tour with you! Alon and I look forward to touring the Carmel region with you next time. Thanks again and all the best!

All reviews
"his knowledge"
"historical sites"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Our guide Barak took four of us to the wineries of the Carmel. During the drive, he provided an excellent background to the wine industry in Israel and answered all of our questions. We then visited three different wineries, each with it's own special characteristics and all of them with very friendly and informative hosts. We met the wine maker at each visit and got a great sense for each winery. We had a great day.

Dear Michael, Thank you so much for the lovely words. We truely appreciate it. We would be happy to be at your service again in the future!

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

I enjoyed this wine tour immensely. Barak took us to the Judean Hills and at each stop (three wineries in all), I couldn’t see how the next winery could possibly compare. But each one had its own special elements, wine and people, and I enjoyed every minute of all three. Plus Barak picked us up at our hotel in Tel Aviv and dropped us off at our next hotel in Jerusalem AND he brought a cooler for the wines we bought. This experience was totally worth whatever we paid for it.

2  Thank traveler111381
Reviewed 12 March 2018

We booked our wine tour of the Judean Hills with Alon - he picked us up at our hotel in the morning and we had a wonderful day of wine tasting with very interesting stops along the way. Alon is engaging, knowledgeable and the wineries we visited were very attentive to us. This was a fun break from touring all the ruins and religious sights in Israel.