See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 June 2012

The Mugraby Hostel is very cheap in a city expensive for accomodation, hence it's appeal. The customer service is appalling. The rooms are very shabby. Most importantly, it is in a VERY noisy area. My partner and I can sleep most places and even had industrial earplugs in but do not stay here unless you a.) are planning to go out all night clubbing and not sleep by night or b.) have industrial ear defenders.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravellerHC_1985
Reviewed 25 May 2012

Had to book this place for a couple of nights because we went to Israel last minute and hotels were very busy in Tel Aviv at the time. We got a double room, which ended up being just a twin bed room. Room was so so, space ok, lots of stars up and no lift, the towels and linen were very very bad, I wonder if they changed the linen at all. Toilet and shower were really bad.
Staff was ok, one of them was friendly, another 2 were not at all.
In overall I found this a very expensive (around USD 70, per night) for a very bad quality.
The good thing about it is the location. Close to the beach, close to some of the attractions in the city and n the middle of Tel Aviv which gives you easy access to go north, south or centre.

Room Tip: Book in advance when going to Tel Aviv in a busy time and find nother place.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Karinems
Reviewed 16 October 2011

Called up this place and was promised single room with own bath room. No problem, so I booked the room. There are no rooms with own bath room at the place!

As I was only going to stay one night, I decided to stay there, as was also promised I could leave my bagage at the reception after checking out - but have never had a no to that. Next day when checking out, there was no way I could leave my bagage, and the receptionist first started shouting at me, then called up a colleague and shouted at him and then slammed the phone down, only to shout more at me. I can easily say, I have never tried anything like it.

Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Peter K
Reviewed 24 May 2010

I just left the hostel last night. The room I had was fair and included breakfast was very meager. They have wifi connection, but I soon found it very unstable. Our room was also very noisy on Friday and Saturday nights and it was impossible to sleep there without earplugs.

The worst thing about this hostel is their attitude towards customers. I was pretty much thrown out by one of the receptionists, because me and my friends didn't take room for whole night as we were leaving after midnight. We checked out in time (11am) and paid for baggage holding (10 shekels per baggage - I've never paid before for luggage!). We went off to beach for whole day and came back at around 19 am. We had sat reading at the lobby for an hour when the receptionist wondered with unfriendly voice, if we were to stay there till our leaving to the airport! I've never felt such an unwelcome feeling in any hotel around the world. I thus recommend you to choose another place to stay with more cosy and friendly atmosphere. "Business is business" the witty receptionist commented on us when throwing us out - remember this attitude if you're thinking to stay in this hostel!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
5  Thank M0-Z1
Reviewed 9 April 2010

I booked a private double room, it was a nightmare. Cold, windows that doesnt close properly as well as the door of the room!!!noisy, dirty, expensive for what it is (60€ a night!!!!)

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled solo