“disapointing”
Review of Mugraby Hostel

Mugraby Hostel
Reviewed 25 May 2012

Had to book this place for a couple of nights because we went to Israel last minute and hotels were very busy in Tel Aviv at the time. We got a double room, which ended up being just a twin bed room. Room was so so, space ok, lots of stars up and no lift, the towels and linen were very very bad, I wonder if they changed the linen at all. Toilet and shower were really bad.
Staff was ok, one of them was friendly, another 2 were not at all.
In overall I found this a very expensive (around USD 70, per night) for a very bad quality.
The good thing about it is the location. Close to the beach, close to some of the attractions in the city and n the middle of Tel Aviv which gives you easy access to go north, south or centre.

Room Tip: Book in advance when going to Tel Aviv in a busy time and find nother place.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Karinems

Reviewed 16 October 2011

Called up this place and was promised single room with own bath room. No problem, so I booked the room. There are no rooms with own bath room at the place!

As I was only going to stay one night, I decided to stay there, as was also promised I could leave my bagage at the reception after checking out - but have never had a no to that. Next day when checking out, there was no way I could leave my bagage, and the receptionist first started shouting at me, then called up a colleague and shouted at him and then slammed the phone down, only to shout more at me. I can easily say, I have never tried anything like it.

Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Peter K
Reviewed 24 May 2010

I just left the hostel last night. The room I had was fair and included breakfast was very meager. They have wifi connection, but I soon found it very unstable. Our room was also very noisy on Friday and Saturday nights and it was impossible to sleep there without earplugs.

The worst thing about this hostel is their attitude towards customers. I was pretty much thrown out by one of the receptionists, because me and my friends didn't take room for whole night as we were leaving after midnight. We checked out in time (11am) and paid for baggage holding (10 shekels per baggage - I've never paid before for luggage!). We went off to beach for whole day and came back at around 19 am. We had sat reading at the lobby for an hour when the receptionist wondered with unfriendly voice, if we were to stay there till our leaving to the airport! I've never felt such an unwelcome feeling in any hotel around the world. I thus recommend you to choose another place to stay with more cosy and friendly atmosphere. "Business is business" the witty receptionist commented on us when throwing us out - remember this attitude if you're thinking to stay in this hostel!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
5  Thank M0-Z1
Reviewed 9 April 2010

I booked a private double room, it was a nightmare. Cold, windows that doesnt close properly as well as the door of the room!!!noisy, dirty, expensive for what it is (60€ a night!!!!)

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank connaisseur78
Reviewed 16 February 2010

When we saw it from the outside we almost resigned to enter, as it looks more like a squat than a hostel.

Our room was a real hole. Sheets were so grey almost black and so thin that you could see through them. And please, don't call a matress the thing that we slept on, the bed was all wobbly and screechy, you need to be really tired to have a good sleep there. Cleanliness was hard to be examined, as everything was so shabby and old. Paint falling from the walls and doors.

It cost 290 NIS for a double with bathroom (real rip off for this quality), the breakfast included 2 pieces of bread and one small jam and butter + cup of tea per person. Not much for this price. Don't expect to get your stomach full. And when you finish and get up, the staff asks if you want some more (they do it every day to everybody), of course nobody bothers to sit back and ask for more. And in the room there is a cup with a place for a tip for the room cleaning (for this price and this awful rooms, the owner should be decent enough to pay the room service staff so they don't expect tipping, it's an overpriced hostel not a luxury hotel).

As for backpackers, the common area is 3 small tables in the middle of the reception room, not much backpacking vibe. And 'the kitchen room' is old kitchen stove (30 years old probably) and even older few pots and cupboards... all filthy and all located on the roof, there is also some wires, old chairs, beds, some metal stuff, sone other clunker and old/not working opened fridge, you wouldn't belive anybody used it for 10 years or so.

If you have any choice - don't go there.

Staff is ok.