“An outstanding experience thanks to Doron Hoffman, a truly remarkable tour guide”

Rent a Guide Israel Tours
Ranked #10 of 187 Tours in Tel Aviv
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
Reviewed 22 August 2013

We have just returned to Canada from an 11 day visit to Israel, part of which included a tour with a guide–Doron Hoffrman–to northern Israel and the Jerusalem area with numerous stops along the way and in surrounding locations. Doron has degrees in history and archeology and is incredibly knowledgeable. He shares his knowledge with great enthusiasm. He is friendly, generous with his time, and displays a genuine desire to ensure that each person in the tour group gets the benefits they are personally seeking from the tour. Doron, our thanks for helping us have such a memorable first visit to Israel. We will return, and sincerely hope that we will be fortunate to have you as our tour guide once again. Shalom.

1 Thank Ashley K

1 586 reviews from our community

• Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Chaguanas, Trinidad
“Best Guide EVER!”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I booked a tour to Masada and the Dead Sea as a last minute 'place saver' for some extra time I had during my trip to Tel Aviv with the expectation to have a long and tedious day in the desert. But the Guide, Meni was spectacularly entertaining and informative to the point of ensuring the trip was absolutley worthwhile.

Meni had the group's full attention from start til finish; he informed us of the basis of the structures of modern day Tel Aviv, gave us the deep history and strategic background of Masada and ensured we were advised of all the necessities when entering the dead sea.

I have to say that in the group, there were, like me, several 'solo' travelers and he ensured everyone felt included to the point that we ended up feeling part of a larger group and even made some friendships.

Definitely recommend Rent a Guide Tours and in particular Meni Tzabari!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Pretty Average experience.”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We booked a tour to Jerusalem & B'thlm.Pick-up, coach and transfers were good. Despite the guide's (Ronen) good logistical, operational and knowledge base of day touring, we felt that his abrupt and somewhat over-bearing approach to group presentation somewhat off-putting at times. The second guide (Bethlehem: Adel) was functional only in the sense that he ensured the group members of the tour were able to visit areas punctually. The rest of his time was generally spent editing his photos on his phone. Although the group were fit and agile in their physical fitness, the day tour was tiring. Yet, we did cover many sites and attractions in Jerusalem.

4 Thank Stuart B
Warren, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A Wonderful Experience”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

My mom and I took this tour of Israel recently. She has been to Israel three times, but this was my first time. I can honestly say that this was the most amazing vacation experience of my life. Our tour guide was Meni Tzabari and he made the tour very fun, educational, and absolutely life-changing. Having such a passionate and enthusiastic tour guide definitely made the trip a hundred times better. Coming to Israel for the first time as an eager 18 year old was incredible in itself, but Rent-A-Guide made this trip truly unforgettable. We visited just about all of the major sites throughout Tiberias, Jerusalem, and other cities, and I learned a ton about each. Every day was better than the last, and I would recommend this experience to anyone, regardless of age. Meni spoke passionately about every place that we visited and it was easy to see how eager he was to share this wonderful knowledge with the rest of us. I will remember this trip always. -- Freddi Marsillo

2 Thank Freddi M
Arona, Italy
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“One day Tour to Jerusalem”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

A very interesting tour in the old town of Jerusalem.
Sylvia was my guide for the day. It would not have been nearly as educational, emotional,meaningful or as special if I had a different guide.
She was fantastic. Whenever I discuss my day in Jerusalem with our family and friends Sylvia will always be a part of my memories.
A special greeting to the driver Zaki.
Mauro