Gordon Hotel & Lounge
US$315
US$279
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Sheraton Tel Aviv(Tel Aviv)
US$530
US$326
US$342
US$330
  • Beachfront
Hilton Tel Aviv(Tel Aviv)
US$701
US$626
CheapTickets
  • Pool
All reviewsno elevatorperfect locationthe ocean view roomgreat personal serviceboutique hotelnoisy streetsmall hoteldirectly across the streetrooms are modernstayed for nightsearly checkconstruction siteoverlooking the seafirst floorplace in tel avivben yehudadizengoff street
Reviewed 21 November 2017

I was in Tel Aviv for my birthday during the first week of November. I tried looking for a good hotel and came upon this one. I am very glad I made that choice.

The hotel is small, truly a boutique hotel. This is an awesome aspect of the property since it's so easy to get anything at the hotel. When I checked in, I was missing some towels and instead of waiting for housekeeping to show up, I simply went downstairs and one of the guys at the front desk got me some towels.

The hotel is situated in a perfect location, near everything, in a very safe part of the city (although I think the whole city is very safe). I love the terrace where you can have a glass of wine or a meal and the rooftop, with Jacuzzi, is a PERFECT addition. You really feel like you have the whole rooftop to yourself.

I ate at the hotel twice; breakfast, which was ok, and lunch, which was superb. The rooms are very modern. Not small but not large. My room, B3, had a lovely balcony where I had coffee in the morning and had a glimpse of the sea. Housekeeping kept the room spotless, bathroom was very modern. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this hotel.

The staff here is young, hip and very helpful. The bar is very relaxed and on Friday afternoons there is a DJ on the main terrace of the hotel. Really a great vibe. If I don't rent an apartment next time i'm in Tel Aviv then this hotel will be my go-to. I had an awesome stay here, celebrated my birthday, and the hotel just made everything so perfect. Comfortable beds, great bar and the sunsets - AMAZING!

Don't hesitate in staying here. You're a block away from Ben Yehuda Street, two blocks from Dizengoff. There are two currency exchange places near by: one on Gordon and Ben Yehuda and the other, with better rates, is a Russian place on HaYarkon, two minutes away going south. There is also an ATM, Bank Leumi, across the street on Gordon St. from the currency exchange place. Lots of cafes nearby and beach front restaurants - La La Land was great.

Thank you again to the staff of the property for making my stay so memorable.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to have a balcony that somehow faces the sea.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank dominikmzak
Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed in Room B6.

Pros
- Beach view.
Spacious room (double the size of Shalom - Boutique hotel that I have stayed in previously)
- Nice breakfast
- Good Internet
- walking distance to the hustle and bustle of the beach restaurants and Dizengoff street

Cons
- B6 was noisy with traffic because balcony door did not close properly.
- breakfast didn't start till 8am. Not ideal for business traveller.
- No elevator. And front desk did not offer to carry suitcase. Not a problem for me, but might be for older travellers to have to walk up 3 flight of stairs.
- Expensive for GBP 200 per night.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 October 2017

We stopped at the Gordon Lounge last Wednesday night, October 27 to have a bite to eat, enjoy a drink and watch the sunset. The food was average, the drink was good and the sunset was spectatular. A couple days after we left and had paid our bill with visa, we noticed we had been charged twice for this evening and had two different bills. Because we are Canadians travelling, it become somewhat of a nightmare to try and straighten this out but we were told that we were charged once and then an hour after we left, they ran our credit card again and helped themselves to a larger amount. Just wanted to warn those headed for a bite, a drink and a good view of the sunset...save yourself some hassle and go elsewhere...not to the Gordon Lounge!,

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

The hotel is well located.

Check-in experience was strange.
We had book an ocean-view room. But our room was facing a construction site. Not the ocean.
The hotel initial argument was logically valid. Yes, we could see the ocean from a corner little window.
The situation got resolved well and quickly. we got reassigned to the ocean-view room we had paid for.

The place in not the chick boutique-hotel I had in mind. But, is it proper, clean, modern and well-maintained.

Breakfast was ok. It is a la carte (not the Israeli buffet style with five hundred items and thousand of calories).
There are about 10 items to select from. But it is tasty and well presented.

This hotel has outstanding service!
Their staff has always been very professional, efficient and friendly.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed a number of times at this hotel.
I think it's a great alternative to the larger hotels in Tel Aviv with a nice personal touch and a boutique feeling. There is no lift in the hotel and sometimes you get a small room but the staff gets out of their way to help and make you feel welcome. The location is great next to the Gordon Beach. The service is great. Including fantastic breakfast and a great lounge in the evenings which they kept open until the last guest is ready to go sleep. Rooms have a personal touch and we felt at home there over years. Highly recommend as had only positive experience with them.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple