“Amazing Food and Impeccable Service!”

Elkheir Druze Cuisine
Ranked #2 of 419 Restaurants in Haifa
Price range: US$7 - US$25
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Description: An authentic druze cuisine. ahlan wasahlan
Description: An authentic druze cuisine. ahlan wasahlan
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

I convinced my husband to try out this restaurant during our recent visit to Haifa and it just about made our trip to Haifa. We took our toddler and all three of us left the restaurant stuffed and satisfied (and that’s coming from at least two super picky eaters).

The restaurant is located across the street from a paid parking lot, which was very convenient. We arrived for lunch and were the only customers for the duration of our meal. In a way, we lucked out since we had the owner’s undivided attention, although I was a bit nervous at first that we picked the wrong restaurant. The portions were enormous and the main dishes came with a slew of sides, including rice, hummus, chopped salad, lentils and a few other items. The sides alone would have been enough for a meal, but also made a great addition. The falafel was phenomenal, as was the hummus. The salads were very fresh (the chopped salad and tabouleh) and the meat (we ordered two chicken dishes) were very tender and flavorful. We topped off the meal with dessert, despite the fact that we were already stuffed. I was shocked to see our 21 mo old son take down so much food (and such variety)!

The service was very warm and the owner helped us select our dishes and encouraged us to go outside our comfort zone and try new dishes. It was hands down a remarkable meal!

Write a ReviewReviews (1 214)

27 - 31 of 1 214 reviews

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Staff was very warm and friendly.
Explained our food allergies and they were able to recommend several dishes.
The food was delicious and flavourful.
Stuffed cabbage and vine leaves made in house were lovely. The orka dish we superb and the lentil soul was delicious.
Unique and authentic Druze food in the merkaz carmel.

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

I have been here a couple of times with my family and they all live the food. I don't. Not enough variety in my opinion but again, everybody else really enjoyed themselves. So the 4 star rating is a compromise between my 3 and theirs 5.

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

The food and service are amazing. I’ve been coming to this restaurant for something like twenty years at multiple (four) locations and the food and people are consistently wonderful. Every item is better than the next, and my (somewhat picky and vegetarian) wife loves it there and enjoys a number of favorite items. Plus the location in Carmel center and the views to the east are impressive. And the family who runs the restaurant are really nice people. Always an enjoyable and tasty experience.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

The food was good, the service was just o.k. Prices were high, higher than they should have been. The air conditioning was not working well. Rather than acknowledging our complaint and trying to fix it or at least apologize, the owner attempted to try and convince us that it was actually cold (even though we were sweating).