“Wonderful House in Great Neighborhood”
other travellers have booked this property
Stone floors, wooden ceilings, brick walls, the place looks like a picture!
Living room The 'Turquoise house'. Entrance and sitting area, TV/DVD. Place to unwind.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Living room
The 'Turquoise house'. Entrance and sitting area, TV/DVD. Place to unwind.
Elegant style
The kitchen, dish washer, full oven, washer/dryer etc etc
Kitchen
Italian tiles for taste full breakfast
A tasteful place to dine
Single beds can be made if necessary. Two friends sharing or brother and sister?
Beautiful bedroom
Vibrant colour. Tasteful design.
Spacious living.Large bed All beds brand new. Air conditioning.
Orginal wooden ceilings and doors. A place to sit and read. Lot's of light.
Sweetest dreams after a hectic day touring the city. Quality linens.
Orginal design. Each peice individual. One of a kind.
Second Bathroom
Gorgeous orginal Stairs, modern and antique furnishings
Top floor double bed  Antique wardrobe. ceiling fan. air con.
Slopped ceiling. Terrace giving lot's of light.
Slopped ceiling. Terrace giving lot's of light.
Hallways
Coffee or breakfast.Views over the rooftops down to the water of the Golden Horn
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
mooremarj...
Istanbul, Turkey
“Wonderful House in Great Neighborhood”
Reviewed 4 July 2018 for a stay in June 2018
person found this review helpful

This is a wonderful renovated old house in a historical neighborhood. It has great charm and the necessary amenities. It is in a neighborhood with steep streets, which makes for delightful walks. It is easily accessible to historical sites without being touristy. We so enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend it to others.

Jennifer...
San Francisco, California
“A magical Christmas in Istanbul”
Reviewed 21 January 2018 for a stay in December 2016
person found this review helpful

I am writing this review two years later, and basking in the memory of our wonderful time in this magnificent city. We are a family of four, with two teenage kids, and the Turquoise house was a perfect place for us on our trip to Istanbul. The owners were so warm and friendly, they helped us figure out the transit system, and even set up a sweet little Christmas tree for us when they know we would be there for the holiday. They arranged transport to and from the airport for us, and recommended some fabulous little places to eat. The house itself was beautifully decorated, the kitchen was great, I think there may have been a moment or two of less-than-perfectly hot water in the shower, but it wasn't a problem. There was a wonderful little bakery down the street for Simit, it was delightful to be in a real neighborhood in this big, beautiful city. I will stay there again for sure if I get the chance to go back; we loved Istanbul and really loved our time at Turquoise House.

Salim S
“very nice”
Reviewed 14 January 2018 for a stay in March 2017

The place is fantastic
My friend told me about the place soon I will visit him.
my wallet address SocialCoin
SiNgFro9M9sVJAq7ahYeYhzR1MSUa198PA

Gratefuli...
Dundas, Ontario
“In a City of Hills, This is a Charming One”
Reviewed 7 July 2017 for a stay in February 2016

If it weren’t for my confreres, I’d have missed this gem – and my trip to Istanbul would not have been as rich. I needed help managing the stairs and hills in addition to the walking sticks I use– and there were some challenges. One without the benefit of friends to help figure out the least number of hills or how to work the transit/taksi dance (brains) or to carry anything other than me (brawn) might struggle here. But oh, I was so glad we’d chosen the Turquoise House for our Home Away From Home in Istanbul.

It was fun to be in a real neighbourhood enjoying the rhythms of everyday: the sounds of children off to school, people going to work or to market.

Up the hill, it’s an Islamic community. The conservative dress, regular call to prayer from the neighbourhood mosque, shops with dark clothes for sale and no alcohol for sale gives an authentic experience. We were lucky enough to be there for a Wednesday market – and enjoyed the ambiance and the tasty treats we brought home. (pickled vegetables, dried fruit, fresh veggies….)

Down the hill is the former Jewish area. Today it’s more relaxed with wine shops, vintage and antique shops, 3rd generation cafes and places to shop and eat. Tuesday is the wonderful local market. Wandering through the shops at either end rendered some wonderful take-out that we enjoyed in the Turquoise House at the end of full days in more central parts of Istanbul. (easily accessed by transit once you go UP or DOWN the hills)

Inside the Turquoise House is the best jewel of all – lovingly renovated and absolutely charming! We found a bedroom/bath on separate floors to be great for two couples (the ones with the brawn went to the third!)

Oskan arranged transportation to and from the airport - a wonderful plus as the house is hard to find! A wonderful ambassador for Istanbul, Oskan’s lives in the neighbourhood and welcomed us warmly. In addition to his tips (before, upon arrival, anytime by email), the house has book, information and other visitors’ recommendations – as well as being a comfortable place to come home to in the midst of such a large and bustling city. If you’re fit and mobile, you’re in for a treat!

It is worth noting that in these times when Turkey features allot in the international news, we felt very safe throughout our stay in Istanbul. In fact, we found the people to be friendly, helpful and grateful that we were there - eager to share their love of city.

jplake11
Portland, Oregon
“Just as charming and lovely as it looks in pictures”
Reviewed 8 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017
people found this review helpful

I only stayed at this lovely house for a few days but it was absolutely charming. The kitchen was well equipped as were the bathrooms and sleeping accommodation. Ozkan is a great host who will take the time to sit with you and help you navigate the city. I loved that this was in a neighborhood. Taxi drivers were a little reluctant to take me to this small neighborhood. I am guessing because of the narrow streets, but I had no problem getting Uber drivers to take me. There are plenty of local dining options within a ten minute walk and a local grocery store just a couple of blocks down the hill.

The only difficulty I had was I kept forgetting things and had to go up and down the staircase quite a few times. Be careful if you have bad knees as these can be tricky. Other than that, the place was amazing with a true flavor of old Istanbul.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing