All reviews ideal location blue mosque within walking distance rooms are clean taksim square hagia sophia ramazan ramadan mr terrace prayer marmara receptionist
Reviewed 15 June 2018

This hotel is a great choice for visiting Istanbul. Our transfer from Ataturk airport was on time,with a very friendly driver who welcomed us to Istanbul at least three times! Mr ramazan gelik welcomed us at the door and as well as carrying the luggage ,he upgraded our double room to the triple room with a view of the blue mosque. The room was spacious,clean and well decorated. The shower room was lovely,very modern with a great shower (powerful!).Towels changed regularly and plenty of gels and soap. A/c and safe were free as was WiFi so a real bonus there! Excellent breakfast,plenty of choice for all tastes, and the view of the mosque was amazing,at the other end of the dining are was a view of the Marmara. The hotel is in an area that has some good restaurants, some don’t serve alcohol,but whether this was because we stayed during Ramadan I’m not sure. The sights of Istanbul are amazing and I can only urge people to go and experience them for themselves. The Turkish people are friendly and generous hearted. When we experienced a problem mr gelik did everything possible to help us at his own expense. If you can look beyond the more touristy aspects of the city, there are wonderful sights to see.

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed 16 May 2018

I wasn't going to write this review BUT: I'd booked Ararat hotel through a booking website. I'd specified the Superior Triple room with a view of the mosque. We'd confirmed an airport transfer. Firstly the transfer didn't arrive - not great after 15 hrs of travelling. Then we arrived at the hotel to get shown to a dingy back room with a view of a wall about 1m away. The owner tried to get us to stay but we went to look for something else as this wasn't what we'd booked. The reason why i'm writing this though is to warn other travellers. I'd paid the full amount for the 7 nights upfront. When we left due to the awful room, the owner promised to refund the money asap however the full amount has STILL not been refunded - and it's nearly a month later. I don't recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: They don't give you what you booked.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Ararat H, Sahibi at Ararat Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

dear jennifer. thank you for choosing us, but you have not communicated with us about the transfer and yes you are right about the booking, but this is a nat big proplem that you can live in every hotel, we have apologized many times and we refund oll money and you must speak your bank. and normaly we dont have to refund money because your reservation was Non Refundable and you could not get this money.but we sent you oll many. ( i hope you ll keep an eye on this comment )

Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

Super, I just shocked! I never see similar hotel in Istanbul! Thanks to much! Respect special for reception. All services are good!the breakfast also good. To much calm! I hope to come back here! Good like!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Thank Abdulloh Rustam... R
Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

I had a booking at Ararat hotel/ istanbul but when I arrived with my girlfriend, the receptionist was so confused because it seemed like they didn’t have any rooms. Then he made some phone calls which we didn’t understand because we don’t speak Turkish. The receptionist then took us to a man who we understood to be a landlord. Then they send another man with us to a completely different building which looked dodgy with no sign or anything and they gave us a room. We were very furstrated and we decided to not accept the room on the basis it’s not in the hotel we booked with and we went roaming for a different hotel.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Osama Q
Ararat H, Yönetici at Ararat Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Dear guest
We gave you the room which is you booked but you yourself didn't liked it. We want to tell you before booking any place you should read all the details of it. If you don't like the room which you booked no need to write on review bad words.
Also, want to tell you If you want more comfortabliti you could book the hotel with higher stars.

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

This hotel is in the ideal location in Istanbul. Surrounded by three of the key sites; Blue mosque, Hagia Sophia and Topkapı Palace. All within 5 minutes walking distance. The pic attached is taken from my hotel window.

It has very clean, good size and nicely decorated rooms. The staff is amazingly friendly. It’s like being home. No request is too big for them to cater for. They genuinely want you to have a wonderful stay.

The breakfast is great with ample juice for different tastes.

You also have a corner grocery shop opposite ideal for fruit, water, cig etc.. and local prices. Next to the grocery store is a lovely cafe with live music and very friendly people. What’s amazing is that there is a hidden bazaar behind the cafe as you walk towards the Blue Mosque.

A wonderful little gem, this hotel is the most ideal place to stay. I shall be back here again.
Enjoy your trip to Istanbul!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Ararat H, Yönetici at Ararat Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2018

Dear guest Thanks for your review. We are very glad to serve you in our hotel. With a great pleasure will wait for your next trips to İstanbul and to our hotel. Hope to see you with your family next time.
Wish you all the best.