Reviews (1 352)
1 352 results
All reviews agatha christie orient express golden horn historical hotel greta garbo agatha restaurant ernest hemingway modern turkey original elevator turn down service luxury hotel marble bathroom small balcony pierre loti public areas pillow menu istiklal street
34 - 39 of 1 352 reviews
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

Loved the history of this place from the ancient elevator to the grand old rooms. Only called in for drinks on the courtyard but still lovely place to sit and take in some of the history amidst the bustle of Pera district

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
MuratEti, Executive Assistant Manager at Pera Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience.
We are doing our best to preserve this legendary cultural heritage, aiming to take our guests through a time tunnel to experience the nostalgia and finesse of a bygone era.
Thank you once again, for your comments and for your support, and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Pera Palace Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 14 August 2018

Wonderful hotel of historical significance, with old world charm and style. Together with the connection with the Orient Express, this property cannot be matched. The Agatha Christie room 411 had a bookcase with her books and and old style typewriter on a wooden desk. The room looked over the city horizon with a small balcony, table and chair. Front desk service by Ugur was exceptional and welcoming, offering a personal tour up to the room on the second elevator in Europe, with strong follow up service throughout my stay. Also Everen from concierge was so helpful in arranging the perfect city tour and a taxi tour, with excellent suggestions for sights including on the Asia side of the city. Everything worked out very well, thank you!

Room Tip: Agatha Christie room 411 if you appreciate the history.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
MuratEti, Executive Assistant Manager at Pera Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2018

Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor with regards to your recent stay at Pera Palace Hotel.
I am very pleased to learn that you enjoyed our heritage building, its history and most importantly the well being feeling we are trying to create through our warm welcome since the first moment our guests arrive to the hotel.
I have shared your kind feedback with the front office team, they were equally delighted to know that their efforts are highly appreciated by our guests.
Once again, thank you very much for your kind words. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back at Pera Palace Hotel, hopefully in the very near future.

Reviewed 11 August 2018

Spent two nights at Pera Palace for a special birthday weekend and we were pleased with our choice. The hotel has all the historic charm you hear about and the service really is excellent. All of our requests were accommodated with professionalism and a smile, so we felt most welcome. The concierge, particularly, was so helpful in terms of tips on navigating the city.

The bed was super comfortable. The bathroom was on the small side, in my opinion, but that didn't really bother me too much. We didn't get to experience and enjoy the hotel as much as we would have liked (for example, we didn't eat breakfast there because of conflicting plans) because we spent a lot of time exploring the city, which brings me to...

The location! Pera Palace is in the wonderful Beyoglu neighbourhood (so many places to eat and lots of nightlife), so there is muchos muchos on your doorstep: Soho House (yes, sorry, we are "those" kind of people!), Veranda (highly recommended restaurant), the modern art museum, Privato Cafe (amazing Turkish breakfast) and the Sishane metro station amongst other things.

I'd also like to give a special shout out to the spa staff at Pera Palace. I am so sorry I can't remember their names, but we were so well looked after. I had the Venoble deluxe hammam and it was incredible. I honestly don't know the difference between that and a traditional hammam, but it was amazing anyway.

Thanks so much for having us! I have full intentions to rebook at Pera in the not-so-distant future.

Last few tips: Book restaurants in Istanbul before you travel otherwise you will miss out on the best places. There are so many taxi operators in Ataturk airport, so no need to book an expensive airport transfer. And if you're not morally opposed to it, there's always Uber. The prices were unbelievably cheap, so I was kind of conflicted.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Biz P
MuratEti, Executive Assistant Manager at Pera Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience during your stay here at the Pera Palace Hotel.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and acknowledge so many positive elements.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

Beautiful hotel full of history and amazing architecture!!! Delicious food and great service! It is located very efficiently; you can walk around the area and it is really close to a walking street which is very famous!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
MuratEti, Executive Assistant Manager at Pera Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Dear Guest,

We are glad that you had a amazing time with us.

I sincerely appreciate that you took the time in detailing all the wonderful elements that you had experienced.

We will strive hard to continue providing an excellent service to our guest. I will ensure that your kind compliments and comments will be conveyed to our team.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for 5 nights. I love Agatha Christie stories and this hotel gave a sense of what life would have been like during the times of the Orient Express. The terrace was lovely for drinks in the evening and breakfast in the morning

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
MuratEti, Executive Assistant Manager at Pera Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018