All reviews istiklal street metro station boutique hotel rooms are clean internet connection excellent hotel taksim veysel mr
Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

This is my 2. Time stay here hotel is so nice and very good location. Taksim square metro and shooping all very near this is very good. Breakfast is nice and fresh but you have to know it is finish at 10:30.
Hope to see you boys.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2018

stayed there for 8 days .which was my biggest mistake ever
-the hotel and the rooms are unbelievably dark and cramped.
-the lobby was more like a joke...only a desk near some sofas!!next to the breakfast area
-the elevator hardly could lift 3 ppl
-the breakfast was repetitive and limited
-the staff didnt know english.only one of receptionist which was sulk always.
-rooms are very tiny.especially if you have kids
-the beds are not big enough for tall ppl (you can see the pictures)
-the lobby had bad smell because the receptionist always smoked cigar behind the enterance door. imaginein the morning your having breakfast and smelling sigar :(
-the hotel street was gradient
-as you can see in the picture the ac is on the floor and right infront of the bed....so be prepare for a headache or head cold
-the refrigerator in my room didnt working.its lamp was on but wasnt cooling at all.asked the receptionist to fix it.sent someone to check it.he said your right it's not cooling.i will change it...after 8 days of asking and beseeching they did nothing! we had no cold water or drink in that damn room which made us angry and upset
one of receptionist offered me to put my water bottles in restaurant refrigerator or freezer.
i gave the boy in restaurant 2 bottles to keep...but next morning before we leave the hotel asked for the bottles. the answer was: there is only 1 bottle...i thought maybe someone took one bottle by mistake!
again gave them 3 bottle and some ice cubes...next day heard the same answer:there is only one bottle :|
for the third time gave them 4 bottle to keep...next day when i asked for my bottles heard the same answer!!! oh god how could this happen three times! there is something wrong happening
i went to the receptionist and want him to explain.unfortunatully his reaction was rude. he shouted that your not allowed to put your bottles in our refrigerator !!!!!!!!!! answered it wad your coworker idea.not mine.if you have any complaint tell him....then he said i give you one bottle instead. i answered i dont wanna water anymore and left
in the evening they sent a bottle of water and ice cubes. on the last day they charged me 10 lira for it....what they did was really cheap.practically they abject themseleves by doing this
+the lady (house keeper) was nice and helpful
+near the metro about 400\500 meter
+wifi
+good ac
stay away from this anter...oops i mean hotel

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank fateme n
farostaksim, Genel Müdür at Faros Hotel Taksim, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Dear Fateme,

Firstly i have to tell you that our hotel is allready (4 star standart)special category you can see that next to hotel name. 2. All the rooms have minibar but this one is only keep cold it is not make ice and all the hotel are same. You give us water to put refrigerator and we accept that to be help but we make big mistake you come and us me with shouting Where is my water and i told you to take from our refrigerator and i told you not put again. Because this fridge is being used by everyone i cant wait your water. ( Already it is not allowed that for all the hotel) Hotel have balcony and people can smoking there. ı know all your complaint is because of water. Sorry this was my mistake to let you put your water.
Regards,
isa

Reviewed 11 July 2018

The property was listed as a four star, however, my opinion is that it shouldn't even be a two star hotel. This hotel spoilt my entire vacation. The hotel is old and dilapidated.

I was given a "suite" which turned out to be a room in the attic. I had to take stairs to 7th floor and then climb up one floor to reach this "suite". Imagine doing that a few times a day with a baby stroller. When I asked for a room on the lower floors I was told they are not "suites".

Since this was in the attic the roof was slanting down giving a dizzying feeling during the stay. It gave a suffocating feeling. Additionally the double bed was extremely uncomfortable and the second bed was squeaky and imbalanced.

At the entrance there are stairs so we have to carry the stroller, etc up. So I had to carry the stroller up at the entrance and then one more floor up.

The lift could hardly fit three people and a stroller.

Not sure why "suite" which was for four people have a see through window on the bathroom door.

The paint on the walls was peeling off and coming in our feet. The room had flies due to improper cleanliness. The bathtub was not draining properly the first day and it improved slightly after complaint. The washbasin did not have any stopper so if you drop anything it would go down the drain. Bathroom fittings were rusty. The TV reception not clear. The Tea maker had rust in it. Breakfast was very limited.

When you enter the hotel you realize that this is a joke. The reception area is just a table on the entrance and the lobby is a 5 seater sofa. Very cramped.

Stayed: July 2018
1  Thank HM_52

Dear Hatim.
Firstly i would like to clear that hotel photos all is clear and there is no photoshop. For entrance you are right there is a steps but we are all the time help your baby stroller and you was never bring up, and you alwise keep that at the reception. And during your stay you never contact with us about this complaints. If you have informed us before all this complaint even we has change your hotel because we have 3 hotel same aria. About hotel star our hotel is 4 star standart but Special category also you can see next to our hotel name and this is our hotel design if read hotel description you can understand this desing Because all ready infrom you about our desing.

You found an excuse for everything so you have not written the facts.

Regards,

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Faros Hotel Taksim is well located to Taksim square. Despite a noisy and shady street location with small space , it’s staff make up for it with great, friendly service. They are helpful and attentive while also serving a perfect breakfast.

It’s a little hectic for families with young kids at first but we settled in well there.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 April 2018

My husband and I went to Istanbul for a quick getaway for 4 days. We booked this hotel based on photos we have seen of the property, but were actually disappointed.

The hotel is small, located on a weird shanty street that was so noisy at night as there was a nearby restaurant that kept playing loud music till past midnight. The rooms were tight and the furniture was poor. Although the room was technically clean, it looked unclean and I just didn't want to touch anything.

We even requested when booking online to have a double or king size bed as we are a couple, but the room had 3 small separate beds! So we had to move the beds around to be able to sleep next to each other.

The staff were very cold and unfriendly. Breakfast was very basic (bread, some cheeses, milk, cereal, eggs).

The only good thing about it is that it is a few minutes walk from Istiklal Street and Taksim Square.

Next time we visit, we will surely NOT be staying here.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Malak A
farostaksim, Yönetici at Faros Hotel Taksim, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Dear Malak A.

Thank you for your review.

I would like to inform you that your reservation has been twin room thats why with upgrade we give a triple room. During your say if you has told us about all of your problems we we has fix it but unfortunately you didnt tell us.

About furniture we have modern design thats why look like that.

About noise unfortunely Taksim aria all they have same problem.

For the breakfast we are changing hot thing every day but otheres unfortunately we can't change because already all they have different types.

For our staff we are sorry we couldn't make you happy like others.

Best regards,