“Best View of the Old City”

Panoramic Restaurant
Ranked #162 of 14 675 Restaurants in Istanbul
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Sultanahmet
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The restaurant is on the rooftop of the tallest hotel in Sultanahmet. It affords the best panorama of the Old City along with good honest mediterranean style food. The grilled chicken is highly recommended.

Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

Stopped by for a lunch as part of my day tour. Service was fine and food was pretty good. Enjoyed the starters best (a mix of spreads like humus and fluffy savory pastry). The main course was beef stew with carrots and potatoes served with rice and fries. Found that to be average. Desert was a sweet pastry (fried I think) with a pistachio filling served with ice cream. It was tasty but I found it a bit too oily for my palate. Rounded off lunch with a glass of traditional Turkish tea.

Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

I didn’t stay at the hotel

But I did eat in the roof top terrace. It was great. It seemed a lot higher that other nearby roof tops and that made all the difference

I had a chicken and potato dish which was delicious.

Haydari was yummy and in general a above average restaurant, where most of them are average.

A good spot when the weather is good

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

This is an amazing restaurant. Our waiter, Metin Sedak, gave us fantastic service and was so attentive. His English was very good. He recommended Turkish chicken dishes that were the best we have had in Istanbul. I would definitely recommend eating here the root top view was spectacular! We could see the city, Mosques, a lighted bridge, etc. The prices are very reasonable and the menu had a great selection.

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

I don't know what place can offer a better view of Hagia Sophia and Blue Mosque. Amazing terrace and service is top notch!!! I came here as sun started to go down and it was a perfect place for taking pictures. Not very crowded (yet) so you can enjoy a glass of wine, a snack, or dinner surrounded by the most amazing scenery!!!