Reviews (3 697)
3 697 results
3 359
3 359
All reviews rooftop terrace blue mosque old city within walking distance restaurant recommendations the hotel staff grand bazaar hagia sophia turkey major attractions wonderful hotel deluxe room main sites would highly recommend this hotel turkish delight breakfast room small hotel
1 438 - 1 443 of 3 697 reviews
Reviewed 18 February 2015

I've been fortunate enough to travel around a few places around the world and can say that the friendliness of the staff is unmatched. They seemed like genuinely nice people that want to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Also they had a passion for Istanbul that was contagious which compliments a city like Istanbul very well with its' rich history. The rooms were very tastefully decorated with the right amount of tradition and modern. Bathrooms were also very nice.

There was one issue and one room for improvement. There was a small amount of damp on the ceiling of one of the rooms we stayed in. Also the breakfast was good but nothing fantastic. Having said that the tea time was excellent with good choice of quality cakes, baklava, turkish delight, biscuits and turkish tea/coffee.

Excellent location, in the heart of Sultan Ahmet and very close to the Sultan Ahmet Mosque (Blue Mosque) Hagia Sophia, Grand Bazaar and surrounding restaurants.

Overall, the stay at Amira hotel is one that me and my wife enjoyed very much and would definitely want to come back and stay again.

Date of stay: February 2015
1  Thank Fahad M
Reviewed 16 February 2015

We were blown away by the entire experience at the Amira. I've been all around the world and stayed in many hotels, and I can honestly say that this hotel has the best service of any hotel that I have stayed in. Concierge and front desk guy Ufuk was amazing, gave us all the information we need to go around the city and the places to visit and eat, even made our dinner reservations. This orientation they gave us on arrival was so helpful and Ufuk was so friendly during our stay at Amira, we felt we could ask anything. The hotel was flawless, very beautiful, clean, the breakfast was very good, and they have a complimentary tea in the afternoon. The staff couldn't be more helpful and gentle. The room was enormous, and the bathroom also big, bright and clean, full with amenities, like bathrobes and slippers. We really loved it, and strongly recommend.

3  Thank meg65travel
Reviewed 12 February 2015

Had a great experience at this hotel. The service was exceptional. They welcome you by seating you down, giving you a quick explanation of the city and spots to check out over some Turkish tea as they set up your room. The room was very clean and elegant. The afternoon tea was a great way to take a break from walking around the city. Be sure to check out the rooftop to see the sunset.

Location is walking distance from several restaurants and landmarks such as Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, and Grand Bazaar. Have good walking shoes, though.

Date of stay: November 2014
6  Thank duaneger
Reviewed 11 February 2015

All the positive reviews were met on our five night stay. From this location, we could walk up five minutes to the Blue Mosque and then all of Sultanahmet. Very nice breakfast each morning and tea in the afternoon. What it makes this hotel so special is the staff. They are just fantastic. Warm welcome and informative overview of the city and area by Ufuk was great, with local suggestions and guidance and help making reservations for Hamam, or whatever we needed. After the wake-up call for the way too early international flight, a knock on the door and two hot coffees! The rooftop lounge area looked great and had nice views, but was closed for services in the winter and was really too cold to stay and enjoy. Looking forward to the return.

7  Thank Jane H
Reviewed 10 February 2015

This hotel is located in Sultanahmet district which is a great location for seeing old Istanbul, all major attractions like Sultanahmet Square, Blue Mosque and Haghia Sophia were within walking distance from the hotel. I stayed there for 4 nights and from the minute I came in the staff were very delightful and helpful. Less than two minutes and I was already in my room, the staff explained everything on the map and how to go around to see the major attractions and shops. The hotel has a terrace “which was closed at the time I was there because of the rainy weather ", Sauna, Restaurant, ATM machine, Spa and excellent Wi-Fi connection.
I enjoyed the variety of the breakfast buffet which consisted also of local delights, they also had in the breakfast bar a free tea time and a happy hour from 4 pm to 6 pm and a computer for guests to use.
I stayed in a standard double room which was a little bit small but comfortable with wooden floors and tall windows that you can open for fresh air. The bathroom had a shower over a Jacuzzi bathtub, a hair dryer, and a heated towel rail … water pressure was excellent.
I highly recommend this hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled solo