“Aphrodisias and Pamukkale”

Acetes Travel Daily Tours
Ranked #200 of 459 Tours in Istanbul
Reviewed 6 July 2012

I had booked my tours through True Blue in Istanbul and they recently started working with this agency in Selcuk/Kusadasi. I had wanted to see Pamukkale but also visit Aphrodisias on the way there - this is one of the few agencies that offers it. I had Rya as my tour guide who was really good, knowledgable, friendly, and patient. She even filled in the gaps on Ephesus that I had been handed to a different agency the day before, and who hurried through the visit skipping many points. Our driver was good too - quick and knew the roads well.

I had a very good visit with Acetes and the only snitch was that lunch was not at a hotel with a thermal pool as explained in the itinerary, but at a roadside restaurant like most other tours are.

Reviewed 6 September 2011

While I was in Istanbul with my granddaughter and daughter we met Erol from the Acetes Travel. He gave us such a lot of information and material where to go and where to stay in this nice country and above all he gave us an idea of the hospitality of Turkish people. Thank you very very much for all the tips you gave. we spend a fantastic time in Turkey and if we come to Turkey again, we will definitly ask Erol from Acetes Travel to make the arrangements for us.

3  Thank meltema
Reviewed 24 July 2011

We just came back from a 1-day tour of Ephesus and it's a definite must-see in Turkey. We're so glad that we went on the trip through Acetes Travel.

Erol, the manager of Acetes Travel, is probably one of the nicest people that you'll meet. He called me during our trip to see how everything is going - first class customer service. We booked our travel with Erol over the phone and it was really easy and efficient. He confirmed our reservation over the phone and we arrived on the day-of to pay him for the trip.

I've had some pretty bad experiences with a different travel agency and I'm usually a bit wary of travel agencies in general but Erol and Acetes Travel is definitely a step above when it comes to customer service. HIghly recommend.

My friend and I only had a weekend to spare for an adventure outside of Istanbul and this worked out very well. We left for Ephesus on Friday night via an overnight bus. The tour started on Saturday at 9am and finished around 5pm. Then we took an overnight bus on the same day and arrived in Istanbul on Sunday morning.

It was a pretty jam packed trip but we were able to see everything that we wanted.

The only reason why I gave it 4 stars is because the company who took us on the tour around Ephesus spent 45 minutes at a Turkish Rug store. It was unfortunate but after talking with my fellow travellers, it seems to be common for all bus tours in Turkey. I felt bad for one of the travellers because this was his 3rd time going through a "Turkish rug" sales pitch. Whatever, you do, don't buy the rugs - such a rip off for the price and if you're from the United States, you wouldn't be able to receive it for 6-8 weeks. Buyer's remorse anyone?

Aside from the Turkish carpet sales pitch though, everything else went smoothly.

Erol is definitely the difference maker when it comes to Acetes Travel.

3  Thank naghaime
Reviewed 3 October 2010

These guys are crooks. They promised a trip to Ephesus with museum and lunch, with quick airfare to and from central Turkey from Istanbul. What we got was 6am flight (we awoke at 4pm), we did not get met at the destination airport, and instead we were ferried to
a unstated destination to meet a tour bus in progress 2 hours after landing. Then we were rushed into and out of Ephesus, directly to lunch, which was a greasy, cold buffet. After lunch, they told everyone that we were going to see real Turkish rugs being made, not even on the agenda.

We are driven to a Turkish rug store, where after spending 5 minutes watching a your girl weaving a small rug, we had to spend 45 minutes being "sold" $$15,000.00 to $50,000 rugs that can be bought at Costco for 1/10 the price. After we left the "rug presentation", we were routed into a gold jewelry store, and they tried to sell us gold jewelry. From there, we had to run the gamut of a silver jewelry store. Then, at 3pm, they 'tour bus" we joined late, took us to the coastal city of Kusadesi, where we had to wait for 3 hours for our ride back to the airport for our 8pm flight, for our return to Istanbul, to return to the hotel at 11pm. The entire 19 hour ordeal for a 1 hour tour of Ephesus, and 2 hours being sold rugs and jewelry. Acetes Travel is a rip-off. Do not use them.

8  Thank tonykin