All reviewsfrench restaurantgreat hotelcentral asiatop floorluxury hotelhuge bathroomtwo week tripcoffee making facilities in the roomgym facilitiesrooms are greatmany aspectsmartial artstop of the lineatm machinelarge selectionbusiness or pleasurewonderful stay
Reviewed 9 June 2018

It's a fantastic hotel, especially in Turkmenistan. Beautiful white marble. Gorgeous lobby. Hugh rooms. Large bathrooms. Fantastic breakfast. The strange thing is all the silence. You can only visit Turkmenistan with a letter of invitation. So you have this huge marble hotel, truly gorgeous. Aside from our tour group of 20, there seemed to be only a handful of occupants in the hotel. It's a wonderful place, but a bit odd. Also, the only complaint I can make it that the wifi was very poor. During my three day stay I was only able to connect once. However, why people need to keep in touch with home on a constant basis while they are on vacation has never made much sense to me.

Room Tip: Don't think you can choose a bad one.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Questdoc
OGUZKENT, Guest Relations Manager at Oguzkent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for the comment you have made on the TripAdvisor.
I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our property, rooms and restaurants.
We will be more than happy to welcome you back.

Reviewed 31 May 2018

I am reserved of giving top scores on TA, but in many aspects that was one of the best hotel I stayed ever, however some things spoiled perfect stay.
Turkmenistan is not a very easy access country. But once you are here, you will surprised how Ashgabat look like. Hotel is located in most premium place of city, close to government houses, president palace and some outdoor areas. Amazing views from hotel, precisely clean and well maintained area. Posh interior and equally posh rooms, with largest ever beds, huge bathroom with Lanvin toiletries, quite good wi-fi with open password ( really didn't expected this ), tv with large number of channels. Hotel has 2 outside pools, with cold and "regular" water. Very good French style restaurant on top floor, which served amazing lamb rack. And all this you could enjoy almost alone, as there were only few quests in hotel. This could sound as nice tale, however few things shall be improved as really doesn't much luxury hotel profile:
1) shower in bathroom doesn't have any drain slope ( wrong desing ? ), so every time after shower all bathroom is flooded.
2) breakfast variety and quality is lower then any 2* hotel in Europe. Such limited low quality breakfast last time I saw on some countryside road guest house in Poland. It reminded me early post-Soviet era in begining of 90-s... Maybe it's because of only few guests in hotel, which makes kitchen work on low mode, but still...
Positive: everything except above mentioned
Negative: breakfast
Overall impressive hotel and would recommend to anybody, who is able to get there.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
OGUZKENT, Guest Relations Manager at Oguzkent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the comment you have made on the Trip Advisor.
I was happy to hear that you enjoyed Oguzkent hotel and had a great overall experience with us.
All the comments from our Guests are very important for us, and we will be taking in consideration the points you have mentioned regarding the breakfast, water in the room.
We will be more than happy to welcome you back in the nearest future, and we will continue our effort to meet all your expectations.

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

We began our two week tour of Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan at this excellent hotel. Our room modern and the bed was perfect to recover from jet lag. The breakfast was the best of our two week trip—omelette station, fresh fruits, delicious pastries and breads. The pool was spectacular, with jacuzzi, sauna, steam. Excellent massage, too.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for the comment you have made on the TripAdvisor.
I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our property, rooms and restaurants.

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

I was stayed in Oguzkent Hotel in Ashgabad for one night and I don’t have the words to explain about my experience. Really beautiful and well-designed interior, royal style rooms, spacious corridor with all the facilities and amenities. It looks like a palace.

Hotel is located near to Ashgabad International Airport and it will take 20 minutes from Hotel to Airport by car.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

It was a great pleasure reading such a positive feedback as yours and I would like to thank you for that.
I am glad to hear that you have had such an enjoyable experience with Oguzkent Ashgabat.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Ashgabat and we will continue our effort to meet all your expectations.

Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

This is a beautiful and opulent hotel.
The room was well appointed with a very comfortable bed and high quality linen.
The bathroom was large with the shower separate from the bath. Excellent water pressure, good quality toiletries and great hairdryer.
Very good breakfast including omelette and egg station.
The French restaurant on the top floor was very good and had a good selection of wine.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elizabeth_and_David

Dear Guest,
It was a real pleasure to read your comment on the TripAdvisor. Thank you for taking time to write regarding your great experience in our hotel.
I was pleased to hear that you had enjoyed our spacious rooms and bathroom, Restaurants.
Such comments from our Guests as yours - are the best advertisement of our hotel and the services that we provide.
We will continue our effort to meet all your expectations and we will be more than happy to welcome you back in the future.