“Delicious!!!!”

Sakura Bakery
Ranked #18 of 349 Restaurants in Ulaanbaatar
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 26 September 2017

This restaurant is very tiny. Long wait for a table, but so worth it! I had an udon soup that was spectacular. For desert, I ordered the apple cheesecake. I loved it so much, I bought a whole one to take to a dinner party the next day. As I write this review, I am planning on going there tomorrow... can't wait.

Date of visit: September 2017

Reviewed 1 September 2017

Carry out, to-go order. Took almost 30 minutes. Food was average quality, average overall. Nothing special. Insufficiently staffed.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 19 June 2017

I love going to Sakura bakery every now and then. Except the fact that it's packed all the time and we have to stand in line to get in, it's a terrific experience. The price is reasonable and the location is great

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 22 April 2017

Authentic Japanese small restaurant and bakery, simple, but very nice. A great value for money! I love the Udon soup and cakes. Very convenient for lunch. But take care...very busy. May be you will wait a little bit...

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed 18 February 2017

I had lunch with a colleague yesterday at the Sakura Bakery, The Sakura is an old favorite of his.

The venue is tiny, and was packed with patrons this lunch time. The menu is tiny, comprising rice and noodle dishes. My colleague and I both chose the fried chicken cutlet with rice and soup. It was fine.

A steady stream of diners filed in and out of the tiny restaurant during our visit. The cheek-to-jowl seating arrangements ensure that you can fully appreciate the omnipresent "Slurp" sound of dining, so characteristic in this part of the world.

For dessert we enjoyed the cream puffs, which are heavenly.

The prices are very moderate, but the turnstile ambiance is not for me.

Date of visit: February 2017