“12 day tour from North to South”
Review of View Mongolia

View Mongolia
Ranked #30 of 116 Tours in Ulaanbaatar
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: View Mongolia is a subsidiary of Virgin Nature Tours and has more than 10 years experience. We arrange Ulaanbaatar day tours and all kinds of discovery, cultural, nomadic life and active adventure tours in every part of Mongolia.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 20 September 2017

We booked straight at View Mongolia without an EU travel agent. The response time during booking questions was excellent. The person of View Mongolia was very responsive in English. All our questions were answered, our specific demands were realized. The tour was 12 days. One male driver and one female guide. Driver could only speak 10 words English. Guide was able to communicate in English with us enough to understand everything she explained. All Ger Camps we visited were of good quality. As far as my thoughts go, I had the feeling that View Mongolia selected different (read better) Ger Camps than other tour operators. Sometimes we were the only guests in Ger Camps, maybe because we were at end of season. Before we traveled they provided us with a document about the trip and also what to take with us and where to look for when traveling. Excellent service. The tour itself was what we agreed on before we booked and paid the tour. Payment by Credit Card was available. All our imaginations were more than forfilled during the tour. Excellent when you want to have a good impression of Mongolia.

All reviews
"highly recommend this company"
"gobi tour"
"gers"
"mongolia"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 14 August 2017

We were travelling to the Gobi Desert with our 8 year old twins and wanted a company that was run by Mongolians and secondly good with kids and View Mongolia totally nailed it. Our guide Uugii was a delight, having a 9 year old son herself she fully understood our requirements as a family. Boggie helped to tailor our itinerary perfectly, highlighting which days would require longer periods in the air conditioned car, so that we could prep our kids. I wasn't sure how they would deal with 4 hour treks in the car, but they managed well - perhaps any younger and it would have been a challenge.
We all had the best time - we surfed down sand dunes..rode camels.. met local Nomadic families.. walked through flower filled valleys.. played basketball with the locals.. hunted for dinosaur bones.. discovered bronze age rock art and caught lizards! The Ger camps were clean and the staff super friendly. We had a wonderful adventure and I would recommend this trip to anyone.

Reviewed 29 July 2017

Fantastic experience with wonderful value and service for the money. Our tour included the Tsagaan Suvarga, Eagle Valley, Gobi Sand Dunes, Bayanzag Gobi Tree Grove, north of Guban Saikhan Mountains to see the ancient rock paintings and Flaming Cliffs. The total cost included guided tours of all these sites, 3 nights at different Ger tourist camps, ride from UB airport to hotel, ride from UB hotel to airport for flight to DZ, flight fare to DZ, ride from DZ Hotel to airport for return flight to UB, flight to UB and ride back to UB hotel. Ogie and Nagie (our guide and driver) were friendly, informative, prompt and looked after us like family. We valued their service so much we happily gave them each a tip at the end. I would definitely recommend this company for anyone looking for a similar Gobi tour.

Reviewed 18 July 2017

I had a tremendous experience with this company. I was looking for a custom three-day trip into central Mongolia to see some very specific historical sites (Khar Balgas, Khar Bukh Balgas, Sumym Am, Unguut Monument, Khustai deer stone, etc.) and bird watching locations. Boggie not only came back with an itinerary that met all my requests, but suggested additions based on my obvious historical interests, which is ultimately what sold me on this company (I’d contacted several others). My guide Suni and driver Tsegmed were both warm, accommodating, and extremely hard working, truly tireless in their efforts to make the trip as wonderful as possible. Suni was also very knowledgeable about history and culture and, as a bonus, Tsegmed’s knowledge of the area (and driving skills) led to our finding a rarely visited historical site. They were very patient with my particular interests! If they are in any way indicative of the other guides and drivers with View Mongolia, you won’t go wrong. In addition, the van was very clean and comfortable and the windows were not tinted (something I appreciated after riding in other tour vans). In short, I would highly recommend this company. The tour manager was very responsive and helpful when planning the trip, it was easy to make payment with a credit card, and the guide and driver were perfectly wonderful. And, of course, Mongolia is perfectly wonderful too.

2  Thank Debbie M