“Exceeded all expectations!”

Mongolia Expeditions
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Since its founding in 2004 “Mongolia Expeditions & Tours” has been organizing one-of-its-kind trekking, cycling, mountaineering, horse riding & jeep tours on short notice to virtually any part of Mongolia. Geography of our operations include glaciated mountains of the Altai, golden plains of eastern Mongolia, Taiga forests of the north and the mythical Gobi desert. Our expert staff genuinely enjoys creating tailor made journeys and always strives to ensure safe and well planned holiday.
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

My mountain bike trip to Khangai Mountains with Mongolian Expeditions in July 2017 was an outstanding experience from start to finish. Batsuren responded quickly to all my questions by email leading up to the trip, helped with my visa and extra accommodation needs.

Once in Ulaanbataar, N.K., our guide, showed us around town and then led our cycling trip. He is a highly motivated and professional guide, very knowledgeable about his land and cultural, and also has an excellent sense of humour.

The rest of the team were equally fantastic. Mende, our driver, got the van through some pretty rough passes and always found excellent camping locations along the way.

Lkhagva, our chef, managed to create a feast out of nowhere every time we stopped to eat and despite the heavy outlay of calories on this trip, we ate plenty!!

Chuka, our mechanic, encouraged me over some rough and steep climbs, kept our bikes clean oiled and in tip top shape, and is a man of few words. He was an excellent person to cycle along beside, and is always able to pick a path through the roughest terrain.

At each nightly camp spot, they worked like a well oiled machine, setting up camp and getting food in our stomachs with practiced efficiency. In the morning, they equally efficiently got everything back in the van.

The trip itself was beautiful beyond words. We spent several days see little human habitation except local nomads, every valley was different and there was a constant abundance of animals - horses, yaks, goats, sheep, ground squirrels being the most prominent.

I found the first few days very challenging- I'm not used to cycling at that sort of altitude, the trails were very rough and we had a day of freezing, driving rain. As I rode into the week and acclimatised, every day was amazing, the cycling a pleasure and by the last days, I didn't want it to end.

I cannot recommend this trip highly enough for anyone with some solid mountain bike skills and a sense of adventure.

HINT - pack a range of layering clothes for on and off the bike and a REALLY warm sleeping bag. Overnights in the mountains were very cold and on rainy days, it was also colder than I expected. But, on sunny days it was beautiful and warm.

3  Thank karen D

Reviewed 18 July 2017

After an extremely difficult time actually getting to Mongolia due to flight delays, cancellations and terrible ground staff support from Air China, Mongolia Expeditions turned my nightmare into one of the best experiences in my life. Batsuren from the office was in constant contact and went out of his way to ensure that despite my delayed arrival I was able to catch up to the group and have my complete experience. Being very new to mountain climbing is okay because Gangaamaa is the climbing guide for Mongolia Expeditions. Gangaamaa is a Seven Summiteer and has guided mountain expeditions all over the world including the Mount Khuiten trip almost 50 times to date. All in all, everything was perfectly arranged from good hotels, to comfortable tents, fantastic food and good success rate on mountain without compromising on safety. I highly recommend this tour company for anyone visiting Mongolia.

1  Thank Vikram G
Reviewed 12 June 2017

We visited only a part of the country, but the visits to Baga Azar, Tsagaan Suvarga, Yoliin-Am, Khongor Sand dunes, Bayanzag, Ongi Monastery, Orkhon Valley, Karakorum and Hustai NP, were mind-blowing.
We had an excellent guide: Mrs. Uyanga Genendaram: she felt the perfect balance in steering the program and leaving space for indecent activities. Her English was outstanding. When one of the team-members got ill, she did whatever was necessary to movie care and medical assistance.
Our driver was Mr. Tseren: he knew all the roads like his own pocket and drove us Thousands of kilometers through the beautiful landscape of Mongolia: w never felt even one moment unsafe.
We choose for an alternating gas-camp and family stay which turned out to be a good choice since you get closer to the people's real life.
We can only recommend Mongolia Expeditions as a 5-star organization. The trip was worth every cent!

1  Thank JanEmblem_Belgium
Reviewed 28 February 2017

Mongolia travel was an excellent experience.
The coutry's landscape natural beauty and its people.
The hole experience was enhanced with the help of Mongolia Expeditions and its outstanding organization. They prepare a really nice itinerary with very helpful guides. The small details, like good equipment, cars and strong horses made a big difference!

1  Thank Alvaro A
Reviewed 8 February 2017

exceeded all expectations from airport pickup to departure
mountain scenery was unbelievable
guides, cook and camel men were outstanding friendly and helpful
local cultural events in a ger with 1 family or a community setting were welcoming
hiking was vigorous but uplifting

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
2  Thank cscanrmba