“Horse Riding to Tsaatan”

Mongolia Expeditions
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Since its founding in 2004 “Mongolia Expeditions & Tours” has been organizing one-of-its-kind trekking, cycling, mountaineering, horse riding & jeep tours on short notice to virtually any part of Mongolia. Geography of our operations include glaciated mountains of the Altai, golden plains of eastern Mongolia, Taiga forests of the north and the mythical Gobi desert. Our expert staff genuinely enjoys creating tailor made journeys and always strives to ensure safe and well planned holiday.
Reviewed 28 February 2017

Mongolia travel was an excellent experience.
The coutry's landscape natural beauty and its people.
The hole experience was enhanced with the help of Mongolia Expeditions and its outstanding organization. They prepare a really nice itinerary with very helpful guides. The small details, like good equipment, cars and strong horses made a big difference!

1  Thank Alvaro A

Reviewed 8 February 2017

exceeded all expectations from airport pickup to departure
mountain scenery was unbelievable
guides, cook and camel men were outstanding friendly and helpful
local cultural events in a ger with 1 family or a community setting were welcoming
hiking was vigorous but uplifting

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank cscanrmba
Reviewed 5 February 2017

Last August 7 friends and I hired Mongolia Expeditions to guide us on the climb of one of National Geographic's top 10 climbs in the world, Khuiten. All of the staff from ME was awesome. What surprised me was not only how beautiful Mongolia was, and it was beautiful, but how friendly and welcoming the Mongolian people were, beginning with Aldra and the rest of the ME team. They managed every detail from the moment we landed in Ulaanbatar until we flew out again two weeks later. We had a couple of hiccups in logistics which they quickly overcame and had us back on schedule and into the park to see the amazing glacier and eventually climb 3 of the 5 saints. I hope that in my lifetime I am able to carve out time to come back and see Mongolia again and partake in another expedition. When I do it will be with this team. I'm proud of what they're doing for the Mongolian mountaineering and adventure communities and truly grateful they were able to share their amazing country with us.

1  Thank Caleb S
Reviewed 28 January 2017

This past summer I went on a five-day bike tour up and down the mountains of the Mongolian countryside. We camped out for a few days, slept in a ger and had amazing meals cooked by the portable chef and cooking team. Everyone is so friendly and professional, it was so hard to say goodbye.

2  Thank Nikita R
Aldra S, Owner at Mongolia Expeditions, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2017

Dear Valued Guest,
We thank you for your review on TripAdvisor and sharing your experience in traveling Mongolia with Mongolia Expeditions with millions of other travelers in the world.
We hope to see you again soon in Mongolia and many other travelers, who have learnt about Mongolia from your valuable review of us.

Reviewed 19 January 2017

The three weeks I spent in Mongolia on a trip devised in collaboration with Mongolia Expeditions were among the most memorable in my life. From meticulous planning by email to the last goodbye, everything was professionally and seamlessly arranged. My journey took me in loop from UB down to the Gobi--including a camel safari--then up through the various regions of Mongolia to Moron, with Bataar--a driver whose sense of direction defies belief--at the wheel and Batsuren as my friendly and informative guide. At Moron I was passed over to Essee for the final week in Khovsgol, which included a horseback trek up to visit the Tsaatan and their reindeer, and kayaking on the 'Blue Pearl of Mongolia'. Amazing country, wonderful people and a great company!

2  Thank Lesley_Junlakan