Open today: 09:00 - 18:00
Review Highlights
Western Mongolia: Olgÿi - Base Camp - Malchin Peak

Mongolia Expeditions offers one of the best hiking/mountaineering crews I have been with. Their... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
ducd0
Melbourne, Australia
Riding to the Land of the Horseman with Mongolia Expeditions

Mongolia Expeditions was a delight to travel with. They responded promptly to email queries before... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
TNETNE
Santa Monica, California

All reviews kitchen staff base camp bike tour epic adventure high mountain cultural events exceeded all expectations ground squirrels perfect balance local company goat orkhon valley once in a lifetime great trip beautiful country day trip gobi
Reviewed 19 January 2017

The three weeks I spent in Mongolia on a trip devised in collaboration with Mongolia Expeditions were among the most memorable in my life. From meticulous planning by email to the last goodbye, everything was professionally and seamlessly arranged. My journey took me in loop from UB down to the Gobi--including a camel safari--then up through the various regions of Mongolia to Moron, with Bataar--a driver whose sense of direction defies belief--at the wheel and Batsuren as my friendly and informative guide. At Moron I was passed over to Essee for the final week in Khovsgol, which included a horseback trek up to visit the Tsaatan and their reindeer, and kayaking on the 'Blue Pearl of Mongolia'. Amazing country, wonderful people and a great company!

Date of experience: May 2016
2  Thank Lesley_Junlakan
Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

Last summer we did the altai tavan bogd base camp trekking tour, followed by a custom tour through central Mongolia, then back to Ulaanbaatar for the Nadam festival.
If you love trekking or just walking through nature, Mongolia (particularly the far west) is an unspoiled gem! We had our own guide and chef which sounds excessive, but meant we got to try local Kazakh food and relax after a big day and not worry about cooking. Because our guide and chef were local, we had the amazing opportunity to attend a Kazakh wedding- an incredible, once in a lifetime experience.
Then the team at Mongolia expeditions created a great tour so we could see all the other attractions Central Mongolia has to offer, all friendly informative guides and good accommodation everywhere we went.
Mongolia Expeditions are one of those unique companies that can create a custom holiday experience - just send them an email with some ideas of what you would like to do or see and they can create some great options for you, all at very competitive prices. I have and will continue to recommend visiting Mongolia to all of my friends, and to travel with the Mongolia Expeditions team.

Date of experience: July 2016
3  Thank Liz G
Reviewed 17 January 2017 via mobile

I had the best time with Mongolia Expeditions. Spent 12 days between UB and Khuiten, in Russian heels, backpacking, camels taking our equipment, Russian airplanes, airports without lights, crossing rivers and getting stuck .. a true adventure, not for everyone but certainly amazing.
The crew was fantastic. The food simply amazing. Would do it again anytime.
The country is the most fascinating. I truly enjoyed the culture and the traditions. Got to hold a golden eagle, sleep on a glaciar and climb a mountain in the border of Mongolia, Russia and China. What else could I ask for?!
The stories will be told for a very long time.
Pricing is the best money for value, and you are helping a local company. Wouldn't go with anyone else.

Date of experience: August 2016
3  Thank TangoAndCash
Reviewed 17 January 2017 via mobile

Excellent service and support. Batsuren provided us with all the necessary information to prepare for our one month trip and included wisely our requirements regarding sights to be visited in the program.
During the entire trip, the guide and our driver Baluu were very informative, caring and discreet helpful.
They were also very well prepared with the equipment, and the maintenance of the UAZ, over 4800km drive, was great.
Great Customer Service by Mongolia Expeditions & Tours!!!

Date of experience: September 2016
3  Thank Suzanne G
Reviewed 17 January 2017

We have been montainbiking in Central Mongolia for 4 days, it was really cold, fresh powder snow, and bright sunshine. Must have been one of the most memorable trips of my life and I have visited 100+ countries! We need to go back and do that again soon ! :)

Date of experience: November 2016