All reviews royal suite steam iron pool garden the river sky bar excellent pool cambodia vietnam tuk tuk business traveler foot massage superb hotel breakfast selection nice rooftop bar large bed house keeping rooms are spacious national museum
Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

Wonderful hotel. A true luxury home away from home.”

1) Excellent staff. This hotel is served by the most professional staff that I have come across. I travel a lot and staying in various hotels. None of them so far could stand out as Palace Gate Hotel did. They are extremely polite, most helpful and most respectful. You feel welcomed all the time. They are just world class. A true mark of hospitality. Well done Palace Gate Hotel & Resort. Keep it up pls. 2) Extremely clean and comfortable hotel. 3) Well decorated. The pool and the garden surrounding the pool and inside the hotel is very beautiful. 4) The breakfast is lovely. I liked the daily fresh cut fruits. 5) Specious room. Spacious bathroom and beautiful shower system. The ironing / steam piece instead of conventional iron / ironing board provided in the room is great 6) Excellent TV - clear and plenty if channels covering news, sports and documentaries.
7) The female guests relation officer ( sorry forgot her name) is so helpful and very professional at her job. She will assist the guests with their stay, travels, tours and provide with all the necessary info. Well done Mrs Guest Relation Officer.
Would NOT think of staying anywhere else whenever I / we are back at PNP.

Minor comments for Improvement :

1) Not having shaving socket and good lighting in the bathroom. 2) No mirror in the room. The addition of these two things will make the hotel perfect to my taste.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
palacegatehotel, General Manager at Palace Gate Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Ali Hamoud,
Thank you for taking time to give us such a detail review. We are so glad to know that you enjoyed your stay. Our aim is to prove the unique experience to our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back and be at your service soon again.

Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

The hotel staff are excellent. Absolutely nothing is too much trouble whether it be assistance from guest relations advising on things to do, making bookings or the reception staff assisting me to get some pharmacy items for a family member with a bad back.

The hotel has its own tuk tuk drivers and tonight one driver waited outside the Pharmacy for me. It was just so easy for what could have been quite stressful in a foreign city at night.

Today we hired a hotel car to do a half day tour. It was very comfortable (cost $35) and was a most welcome choice as we were both a little unwell and the distance to one of the sites was approx 17 kms away.

The twin room is large, clean and has some strong Asian features.

The pool is very pleasant and staff service again is of a high standard and very friendly. The beds by the pool are a tad uncomfortable though (as silly and pretentious as it sounds).
Breakfast has enormous variety, has really fresh produce and is a very happy way to start the day (even when you are a bit unwell).

I think all of the staff are very well trained and they do focus heavily on customer service. Mark at reception, and one of the female guest relations officers have been amazing to us.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
palacegatehotel, General Manager at Palace Gate Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

Dear Louise,
Thank you for choosing Palace Gate Hotel & Resort to stay during your trip to Phnom Penh, Cambodia. We are so glad to know that you found your stay both enjoyable and memorable, especially from our staff services. Our aim is to provide a unique guest experience to our customers. We look forward to welcoming you back and be at your service soon again.

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

From outside hotel look like simple hotel but the truth so different, room is big and very good equipped even the bathroom is big and very well equipped, for cleaning this hotel is clean and makeup rooms twice a day, all the staff ( front desk,house keeping and security) are very nice ,friendly and helpful, value of money some thing high.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,
Warmest greeting from Palace Gate Hotel & Resort! Thank you for choosing our hotel to stay during your trip to Phnom Penh, Cambodia. We are very happy to know that you had such a memorable experience at our hotel. I will definitely share with this wonderful new to the entire team and we look forward to welcoming you back and be at your service soon again.

Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed with a friend in pool view twin room.
Staff were all very professional - and were comfortable enough to even engage in a bit of lighthearted banter at breakfast, which was refreshing - however I thought the food and beverage costs were expensive compared to similar properties.

I also had a bad taste in the mouth when I asked the gate staff how much it would cost to take a tuk tuk to three specific shops within a 1.5km diameter from hotel, for approx 30min. He quoted $10 which I thought was high. Then a tuktuk driver also approached us and it was only then that I realised he tuktuk was branded Palace Gate Hotel - so I was effectively being quoted by the hotel for a hotel service.
I decided to walk instead.

With a few small changes this hotel could be excellent, not just great.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
palacegatehotel, General Manager at Palace Gate Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Dear Brett,
Warmest greeting from Palace Gate Hotel & Resort! Thank you for choosing our hotel to stay during your trip to Phnom Penh, Cambodia. I am very appreciate of your constructive feedback about food & average costing, we are aiming to offer as low as price possible to our guests, therefore we will review and change accordingly. In regarding to tuk tuk in front of hotel that we cooperate with, we have given price list to most of destinations for them to follow to avoid over charge and,in your case they will calculate for 3 different places price including the waiting cost, therefore we will take action on this to make sure our guests get what they pay for.

It is through invaluable feedback such as yours that we have a chance to improve the quality of our services and I am very thankful for any further comments you may have for us. We look forward to welcoming you back at be at your service soon again.

Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

I visited with my family in August- excellent customer experience & perfect hotel maintenance. It was my first time in Phnom Penh, I thought there would be insects and leaves everywhere but it was so clean and tidy in the hotel and everything was maintained in perfect condition. When I enquire about the attractions and transportation, the staff arranged a specialist and she explained all related info in detail without selling me anything extra in an honest, kind and sincere manner. David, one of the guest service team member, was so helpful. He resolved all my concerns patiently and effectively. There were also tuk tuk (avg USD4) and Private Taxi (avg. USD 7) run by hotel to most of the attractions which were totally reliable. Thankfully they had these kind of transportation support so we did not have to worry about scamming by other drivers in the city. My family and I felt like home during our stay and we really appreciated for such warm,
attentive and caring services that the team has provided. We highly recommend Palace Gate Hotel as it has made our Phnom Penh trip much more better than we expected! :)

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
palacegatehotel, General Manager at Palace Gate Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

Dear Valued Guest,
Warmest greeting from Palace Gate Hotel & Resort! Thank you for choosing our hotel as your home a way from home during your trip to Phnom Penh,Cambodia. We are so glad to know that you enjoyed and had such a wonderful experience. We look forward to welcoming you back and be at your service soon again.