Destinia.com
CheapTickets
Trip.com
StayForLong
Hotels.com
All reviews free airport large room included breakfast pleasant stay noodles corridor transport
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 October 2020

I stayed here with a friend for an overnight stop off whilst travelling to Bali. They do free airport pick up and return so it was easy. I arranged this by email a week beforehand. Check in was quick & easy. The reception was ugly with a cluttered desk and 2 desk chairs to sit whilst checking in. There was also a seating area of a settee & 2 armchairs and information stand.
We booked a twin room which was a walk outside from reception and then along lino corridors with a lift, seating areas and Moroccan looking lampshades. In the room was a fridge, a single rail to hang clothes, bottled water, tea/coffee facilities, a flat-screen TV and a narrow shelf to use as a desk with a desk chair.
The bathroom was behind sliding door and seemed modern compared to the room. It was narrow but the length of the room with a trendy sink that had a mirror above it, toilet, a double headed shower and the usual toiletries.
The view was of what looked like another hotel with its swimming pool plus other buildings and palm trees.
The Included breakfast was in a large room in front of the reception with plenty of seating and tables. It was buffet style with limited hot & cold foods, a little odd because it had food which I would class as dinner foods such as noodles, spring rolls etc with breakfast foods such as sausages and cooked to requirement omelettes but it was adequate and had fresh fruits.

Room tip: Pick a room nearest to reception for limited walking
Date of stay: February 2020
2  Thank Cynthia A
Reviewed 19 September 2020 via mobile

Stayed a night in a 2-bedroom apartment. Though an old hotel, it has been uplifted and refurbish. The 2-bedroom apartment that we stayed in was clean. This facility we had was equipped with all the utensils for food, refrigerator, electronic stove, and others. There is a restaurant where you can get your food. However, this restaurant is not operating 24hrs. The complimentary internet connection we had initially was slow. We raise this with the reception, and they accomidated our issues, and within a short time they sorted out this issues.. Welldone...

This apartment is quite a distance from popular shopping malls and shops. However the hotel may be able to help you out with transport.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 16 February 2020

I guess you have two real choices in BSB - something like the Capital Residences or something more expensive like the Radisson. I decided to save some money and stay here.

The place is a budget hotel, but everything should be put into perspective and at around $50USD a night, it was decent.

ROOM: It was weird, they gave me a room that hadn't been cleaned, but luckily the ladies took care of it while I went out - it was odd because the cleaning staff seemed to be cleaning from morning to night. The bed was very basic but I am not too picky with this. For me, the clincher was the strong A/C. Wi-Fi was spotty and I ended using my cell network a lot of the time I was there. Otherwise, the room was basic furnishing.

SERVICE/FOOD: Map is provided at check-in, and I did appreciate the advice to use the DART app to get around by taxi although they offer shuttle services for the airport and night market, but only if you request and at set times, so the taxi app gave me more flexibility. The breakfast was pretty limited - some cereal, toast, noodles and you can get eggs made.

LOCATION: BSB is tiny...you'll be basically anywhere in the city center in 10 minutes on foot.

Overall, I can't say I was overwhelmed by the hotel but at the price, it was fine.

Date of stay: January 2020
1  Thank rahulpat
Reviewed 16 January 2020

We booked this hotel for 5 nights and was quite satisfied with the distance from the hotel to downtown only we had to find out on our own to use the short cut from the hotel through the Youth Center next door otherwise the entrance of the hotel was very hidden. The room was clean but could not keep any noise from outside and even when the next door or rooms above using their shower or toilets.

Breakfast was not good, tasteless, and the staff who did the egg need to have more experience to do the omelet and fried eggs. Everythings asked from the hotel such as an extra pillow, key card, umbrellas, etc. always required a deposit.

The hotel may need to invest a bit on the map, using a photocopied and given to the guests, we lost the way using their map the first night we arrived and tried to find a place to eat where staff told us the other way around so we ending up eating the buffet at the Radisson Hotel not too far from this hotel.

Room tip: Choosing the Room on the high floor so you won't hear the noise from the car park
Date of stay: January 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
4  Thank DominicVeeranat
Reviewed 6 January 2020

I stayed at The Capital Residence Suites for 8 nights. The hotel provides free airport pick up and drop off. When I arrived to the airport there was a super long queue at the passport control. It took me about 2 hours to go through the immigration (make sure you have cash with you when you arrive to the airport). Even though I was super late, the driver was still waiting for me at the arrivals which was a great relief.
I got to the hotel very late at night but the check in process was quick and easy.
The room was small, very clean and the bed was very comfortable.
The breakfast is served from 6:30am which is great for early birds like me. The breakfast menu is very basic but it did the job for me.
Throughout my stay, the staff were very accommodating and helpful.
The hotel is located very close to all the tourist attractions. Some within 5 or 10 min walking distance. I walked to all the tourist attractions. I was told the hotel provides free hourly shuttle buses (pick up and drop off) to different parts of Bandar Seri Begawan which is great considering cabs are rare and very expensive in Bandar Seri Begawan.
There is a great hiking place close to the hotel which is called Tasek Lama Recreational Park. If you are staying in Bandar Seri Begawan for more than a day or two and feel like doing a bit of hiking then I highly recommend you to go and check out the park. You will see lots of monkeys at the park.
Overall I had a very pleasant stay The Capital Residence Suites Hotel. I would rate the hotel as a very good 3 star hotel. I recommend the The Capital Residence Suites Hotel specially if you are going to Brunei for only a short stay.

Date of stay: December 2019