“Great agency for Southeast Asia and other destinations”

Ciao Asia Travel - Day Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Ciao Asia Travel? If you want to book a trip in Southeast Asia or even a little beyond and you want outstanding personalized service, this agency is a great choice. They have guided me through Laos, Cambodia and Nepal and I would not hesitate to use them for anywhere else that they serve. All of my communication with Ciao Asia Travel has been online, but starting with my first trip to Luang Prabang, Ms. Giang took the time to discover my quirks and idiosyncrasies and then formed the trips with these as a base. Even with the large time difference between the U.S. and Asia, her responses were always prompt and relevant. She is an excellent agent! After arranging the trips, I never needed any further communication since the trip was so well arranged, from airport pickup and drop off and everything in between, that it was not necessary. I have traveled with other agencies in other countries but the guides provided by Ciao Asia have been the best. They are local and flexible and know when to talk and when to let the surroundings do the talking and they never felt compelled to fill dead time with chatter. Mr. Thy in Cambodia was the finest guide I have used but the others were not far behind. Ciao Asia might start with a standard trip but has the flexibility to then adapt that to the customer and construct something more unique than many other agencies are willing to provide. I recently traveled in South America and wanted, even begged, Ciao Asia to arrange that but they would not because it is outside of their expertise area. That I was willing to use them for such a trip demonstrates how much I like and trust this agency and I will use and recommend them any time I happen to be in one of their target countries or regions.

1  Thank Mark Anthony H
"itinerary"
"parts"
"hoi"

Reviewed 14 April 2018

Three years ago we decided that our time to travel internationally is coming to an end.  We are 76 and 78 years young, but last January we decided to go to Indochina. We decided to arrange trip mostly using a local agency, in this case – Myanmar Tours.us (CIAO ASIA TRAVEL). We were introduced to their standard packages, but we were not interested in parts of them. The agent suggested that we can have customized tour. So we did arrange a tour which included visits to Bangkok, Thailand, Yangon, Bagan, Lake Inle & Mandalay, Myanmar, Chiang Mai, Thailand, Siem Reap – Cambodia in that order. Along we saw a lot of World Heritage Sites, Buddhist Pagodas and other ancient structures.
At every stop at the airport, we were met by a guide who took us to a car where the driver took care of our luggage and had bottles of water + wet towels for us (yes, it is tropic) and depending on schedule gave us a tour or took us to a hotel. JUST TWO OF US + driver and guide. 12 days tour (not counting flights to and back of which we had 6) also included 4 dinners w/shows and 8 local flights.
Hotels were very good, except one at Siem Reap.
Overall we strongly recommend this agency.
Jerzy K

Reviewed 20 December 2017

Booked a 4 week trip with Ciao Asia Travel a/k/a Myanmar Tours.us visiting Nepal, Bhutan and Myanmar in November 2017. Ms. Diu Huong Tran was our (2 couples) travel consultant and I cannot thank her enough for her patience and prompt responses during the booking process. She created a seamless vacation which was very enjoyable. Even more impressive was that during the trip she emailed us to make sure everything was going well. I intend to travel again in SE Asia (Laos, Sri Lanka, etc.) and without hesitation will book through Diu again. I do not often write reviews but wanted to share with others that this tour company is reputable, efficient and well worth your consideration when traveling to this part of the world.

Reviewed 20 November 2017

When my planned trip with Saga was cancelled, I decided to try and find a local company to arrange a personalised tour. From recommendations on TripAdvisor, I decided to try ciao travel, and made contact with Ms Diu. She was extremely well organised, and quickly came back with an excellent package. It involved staying in Yangon, Inle Lake, Bagan and Mandalay, with 2 internal flights and 4 different guides and drivers. All of these plans were very professionally executed; the hotels were excellent, far better than 3 star hotels in many other countries. The guides were very competent, spoke good English and were very informative throughout. They were good company at lunchtime for me as a single traveller, and ensured I saw all relevant sites. All in all, it was a wonderful holiday, and was a lot cheaper than my planned Saga holiday! I would thoroughly recommend Ciao travel, and especially the very professional ability of M&s Diu.8