“Fantastic food and people”

Duong's 2 Restaurant & Cooking Class
Ranked #5 of 2 768 Restaurants in Hanoi
Price range: US$4 - US$25
Description: I am proud to launch Duong’s as my first solo venture and the first leg of my journey and vision. I am honoured to share this journey with my family, friends and most importantly of all, you the customer. I hope you enjoy the journey that I will take you on as I present a mix of traditional Vietnamese dishes mixed with Vietnamese/French fusion dishes.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We ate here a few times during our trip through Vietnam. Now this restaurant might be a bit expensive than you are used to. My friend and I ate for around 1 Million Dong which is only €35. The food here is great! I love the way the food is presented and that's what I like about going out on a culinary tour. Also it's not that professional so you can still have a nice chat with the staff, which are very friendly. They called a cab for us to the airport and they are really helpful. We are used to have some more time between our meals, but just ask for it and they will do so. The quality of the food is great and everything looks really clean. We never made a reservation (2 persons) so you can just walk by and see if there is any space available. You wouldn't notice the building it if you didn't know it was there. All the staff have "western" nametags and our special mention goes to "Soda" who was really a joy for us.

1  Thank Franz Z

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

After reading a lot of reviews about this restaurant we decided to have our last full dinner evening at Duong’s. We had very high expectstions and was hoping to get the highlight of our Vietnamese cuisine experience. Unfortunately, that was not the case. The place is cozy, sweet and simple - indeed a very clean place and friendly staff! Dishes are prepared in a great way, it looks very good, but the taste doesn’t quite cover it. We hoped for a bit more exotic and extravagante flavours, especially since the place is very pricey to be Vietnamese cuisine...
Tip: Vietnamese pancake as a starter was delicious. Do not take BBQ pork as main unless you fancy something more of a soup with (Google; kjøttboller)..

2  Thank Ida_Frederik
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Having lunch in this restaurant was the best beside the food on the cruise ship in Halong Bay.
The menu card:

Starter:
Banana flower salad with shrimps, Vietnamese herbs, peanuts, sesame and lime dressing

Main courses:
Hanoi fried spring rolls with pork, mushrooms, wood ear fungus, dry vermicelli & amp; served with dipping sauce

Chargrilled fish "La Vong" style with suteed spring onion, dill & shrimp sauce

Stir-fried chicken with onion, dry chilli, cashew nuts and spring onion

Seasonal sauteed vegetables

Fragrant steamed rice

Desert:
Tropical fruits platter

We really enjoyed!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

A perfect food gem in Old Quarters.

Although I made an online booking which never sent me confirmation, the staff was kind enough to welcome and sat us in a cozy corner.

Having seen enough reviews, we decided to try the Duong’s Set.

For appetizer, the fried Hanoi spring roll is crispy and tasty.

The farm mushroom soup did not fail expectations.

Tuna and duck breast were perfectly prepared which we have almost no room for the yummy passion fruit cake desert.

Very value for money and we would visit again definitely!

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Beautiful food, very reasonably priced French wine, good service.
Our hotel booked this restaurant for us after I read about it on Tripadvisor. To be honest there are many beautiful restaurants in Hanoi and the trick for the tourist is knowing which ones are good. Duong's 2 lived up to its excellent reviews. I would have no hesitation in recommending it or visiting again next time I'm in Hanoi