“Great Cruise for Great Value”

Review of Garden Bay Cruise

Garden Bay Cruise - Triple cabin
Garden Bay Cruise - Halong Bay - Overview Garden Bay Cruise - deluxe twin cabin with large window.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Garden Bay Cruise - Halong Bay - Overview
Garden Bay Cruise - deluxe twin cabin with large window.
Garden Bay Cruise - Open Sundeck
Garden Bay Cruise - Private Balcony
Garden Bay Cruise - early morning taichi lesson
Garden Bay Cruise - Waiting Lounge at Hon Gai Pier
Garden Bay Cruise - Waiting lounge at Hon Gai Pier
Garden Bay Cruise - Fishing Village
Visit Surprise Cave ( Sung Sot Cave)
Visit cave with Rowing boat
Private bathroom with full- toiletry
Private bathroom with full- toiletry
Restaurant - dinning room with sea view
Garden Bay Cruise - Open sundeck with sea view
Garden Bay Cruise - Overview
Garden Bay Cruise - Morning Tai Chi Lesson on Sundeck
Garden Bay Cruise - Morning Tai Chi Lesson on Sundeck
Garden Bay Cruise - visit fishing village
Garden Bay Cruise - Including Kayaking
Garden Bay Cruise - Cooking Class
Garden Bay Cruise - Overview
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
journeyma...
Dublin, Ireland
“Totally inappropriate behavior ruins an otherwise ok experience”
Reviewed 15 December 2013 for a stay in December 2013
people found this review helpful

Travelled as part of a tour - not a private charter but this is the only listing I can find for Marguerite Junk.

The boat is fine. The rooms are comfortable for a boat. The food is plentiful and tasty. Pick up and drop off are well managed. Staff a little pushy towards selling the more expensive wine & cocktail options rather than beers.

Ruined by the inappropriate and completely unacceptable behavior of one member of staff who asked me, as I was a man travelling alone, if I wanted 'a princess for the night from Halong City'. I will leave it to your imagination what that really meant and I flatly refused. This offer was made in plain sight and hearing of a number of other crew members including the ship manager.

A few minutes later the same crew member enquired if I was single and then suggested perhaps I would meet a Vietnamese woman to whom I could get married.

Furious does not come close to describing my mood with this experience!!

Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
36_WM36
Sao Paulo, SP
“Great Cruise for Great Value”
Reviewed 30 November 2013 for a stay in November 2013
person found this review helpful

I was recommended this boat by our hotel In Hanoi (FINNEGANS). Based on the reviews, we thought it would be a great experience and it was, indeed.

Great service, beautiful cabin and very comfortable.

The food was great too!

There are actually 3 Marguerite boats. We have stayed at Marguerite 2, the smaller one with 9 cabins.

Try to book through your hotel desk, and maybe you can get a better deal.

If you can, ask for a cabin in the second floor, so you be more far from the engines.

Great value for money!

PhilBeema...
Bellingen, Australia
“A wonderful, relaxing time”
Reviewed 11 November 2013 for a stay in November 2013

My wife and I, and my brother enjoyed the one night/two day cruise and would do it again. The staff were friendly and helpful, our guide had good English and was very informative. The trip to the caves was incredible as was the kayaking around the floating fishing families. The boat was great, the rooms clean and the food very very good. I would definitely recommend Halong Bay and the Marguerite Junk to any visitor to Vietnam as a relaxing and peaceful part of your trip.

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Very relaxing
Liked least: Customers should be advised of the many stairs up into the caves, but well worth it if you are able.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Ruth K
Mackay, Australia
“Amazing”
Reviewed 18 September 2013 for a stay in August 2013
person found this review helpful

My husband and I did the one night/two day cruise and we loved it. Staff were friendly and helpful, tour guide had a wealth of knowledge and could tell he loved his job. Boat was great rooms clean and food was amazing would definitely recommend everyone does this trip. Halong bay is just amazing and a highlight of our trip to Vietnam.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Mrandmrsk...
“Great service from everybody”
Reviewed 17 September 2013 for a stay in September 2013
people found this review helpful

We enjoyed our time at Marguerite Junk 2 very much! Mr Thang the tour guide was very fluent in English and very enthusiastic in sharing with us the Vietnamese customs and cultures. Mr Tom the crew manager and his crew were very kind to give my husband a surprise birthday celebration on the boat. Last but not least, the management were responsible and ethical. We had initially booked the Marguerite Garden but as there were some issues, we had to switch to the Marguerite Junk. The management staff came to my hotel once my halong bay trip ended and responsibly returned the difference in price for the two boats and apologized for my trouble. I must say that in my week long stay at hanoi, everyone in the Marguerite staff have greatly impressed me and should I return to hanoi, I would only book my tours from them for a trustworthy, value for money and enjoyable tour.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing