“Refreshing competence, communication, and customer-focus”

New Moda Custom Tailors
Ranked #11 of 182 Shopping in Chiang Mai
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Established in 1998 , New Moda international Tailors has witnessed the road to greater things in the tailoring market in Chiang mai . with humble beginning from a small store in the 1980s , the family company has realized that friendship , quality of services and product are the most vital aspects of a successful business .. After shaking hands of several happy customers leaving the store with their first perfect-fitting suits , shirt ,skirts and dress , brothers John and Rovin created a network of returning customers ...
Reviewed 11 September 2018

Regrettably, I initially skipped New Moda to get suits made at another tailor down the street that also had fantastic (albeit <100) TripAdvisor reviews, based on price and impatience. The two guys at New Moda are both easy-going and non-pushy, good English speakers, good listeners, and know their craft. I got this sense from my first visit, but it was the first shop I popped my head in, so I felt a need to shop around :-/.

After my suit jackets from the other tailor didn't fit right (and I didn't trust them to fix it when I only had 2 days before flying out--since they tried to convince me that the jacket fit perfectly--either out of laziness or ignorance about how the collar and closure should fit, and they lied to me about the materials), I paid New Moda them to fix the jackets ... and then ordered 5 pairs of pants. Even though I was in a rush, they insisted on tightening up a small part of the rear on all 5 pants, and turned it around in just a few hours. I made sure they recorded my measurements so I may be able to order more clothes from them in the future.

BL: At first comparison, it seems that they charge a ~30% premium over the other (cheaper, deceptive, and/or less skilled) shops in town, but relative to US/EU prices, it's not much and is well-justified. These guys will tell you that the labels on some fabric rolls are fictitious, so you'll know which fabrics contain polyester, etc. As importantly, they know how clothes should fit, and are dedicated to making sure you leave with clothes that look great.

All reviews
in 35 reviews
"shop"
in 92 reviews

Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

Very good support, kind and fast.
They did my dress and blazer in 3 days and they took care about every little detail.
Would always return.

Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

When I arrived in Chiang Mai I was anxious about buying a suit, but the professional staff at moda worked with me and in no time, I had my own custom suit. All this without breaking my budget.. Looking forward to be back

Reviewed 24 August 2018

I happened to have chanced on New Moda Tailors while visiting the night bazaar area in Chiang Mai. What drew my attention was the quality of the suit on display and to say I was impressed with the quality of work done for me is an understatement. I ordered a suit for my self, my brother and a jacket for my father. By the next evening, it was ready for fitting and it required very little adjustments. I eventually picked up my order the following day and I couldn't be any happier. The price, I must add is one of the best you can find in Chiang Mai. I had visited a few tailors the day before after reading reviews on tripadvisor and also on the recommendations of a fellow participant at my conference and I can tell you, you can't go wrong with New Moda Custom Tailors

See more reviews
Reviewed 15 August 2018

I went to Chiang Mai and really wanted to get a suit. I'm a slim person thats why suits from the reck normally don't fit. I did a lot of research and there are a lot of tailors with good reviews. But New Moda also got recommended by a local and a german couple I've met in Chiang Mai, so I decided to go with New Moda.
I did not get disappointed. John Giri was from the first second on very professional and made you feel comfortable. He gives good advices in style and turns all your wishes into a perfect fitting suit. I went there 3 times for fitting and after each try the suit fits better. After the last fitting i liked my suit that much that i didn't wanted to take it off anymore.

I´m definitely going back for a coat next time and would recommend new mods to all my friends.