“Beautifully tasty food, no decor/”
Review of Soei Restaurant

Soei Restaurant
Ranked #789 of 12 891 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Thai
Neighbourhood: Ari
Neighbourhood: Ari
Reviewed 22 April 2018

I was taken there by friends of the owner.. It is located in a soi near Samsen station. I was not aware of any special treatment: it was a regular occurrence. First impression: the food was exquisite, although presentation was very everyday. It looked like a roadside restaurant in terms of the way it was served. The same is true of the décor - there is none! Again, it looked like any number of rural Thai restaurants. But the food!!! Spicy, tasty and very well priced, much cheaper than downtown restaurants. This is what matters to this restaurant and they do a very good job. We had a wide range of dishes, from meat, fish, seafood, their signature crab. Each was sensational. To finish, we had preserved mango, served in a Tupperware dish. This summed up the experience for me: excellent food served in an ultra-sloppy way, but worth every cent. Not the place to impress business guests but well worth a visit for some unique Thai cuisine. Sunday lunchtime it was mostly local customers.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 11 April 2018

I found this restaurant thanks to Mark Wiens of the website Migrationology. This restaurant is not easy to find in the new location and it's in the outskirts of Bangkok so you need a cab driver, but you will be rewarded with some of the finest, most flavorful, very fresh and authentic dishes from Thai cuisine. I left the ordering to my Thai guide and remarkable dishes appeared on the table: soup, seafood, Thai omelette (there is also a picture menu). Prices here are very reasonable, so it's worth the fair of the cab drive to get here. Over here you'll find mostly Thai people eating and tourists don't wonder out so far from centrum Bangkok, but it's highly worth it. Mind you that this is a real authentic Thai restaurant, so those of you not used to hot spicy dishes, should ask for a less spicy version.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 12 March 2018

I love Thai food and Soei is incredible. I have not been to the new location but cannot wait to go back in April, 2017. Amazing and intense, spicy and savory flavors. Go early as you can wait a while during the lunch rush. I try to go as soon as it opens.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Went to Soei restaurant because a friend recommended it. They had a lot of choices but they seemed to be specialized in seafood. They had a written down menu and a menu with pictures and I decided to just point out at a picture because it looked super nice. It was fish with some extremely tasty sauce and rice. All of my friends were also happy with their dishes so I must recommend this place. Only downside was that the dishes were a bit small so it is maybe better to come with many people and just order a lot of food and share. We couldn't really do it because some didn't eat fish and some didn't eat shrimps, squid etc so we all just got our own dishes.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 2 March 2018

Recommended by Mark Wiens, we found a Thai food haven. We had a big breakfast but couldn't stop eating when we were there. The food was fresh, tasty and non compromising regarding foreigner's taste (no matter nationality). The way they handle the seafood is amazing. Authentic or not I dare not to say since I'm not Thai, but I've been to really local places with local people and Soei is to me authentic.

Do talk to the owners and staff, they are super nice.

Will definitely be back on my next trip to Bangkok.

Btw, the location on Google map is correct.

Date of visit: March 2018