“Amazing Intense Flavors”

Cuisines: Thai
Neighbourhood: Ari
Neighbourhood: Ari
Reviewed 12 March 2018

I love Thai food and Soei is incredible. I have not been to the new location but cannot wait to go back in April, 2017. Amazing and intense, spicy and savory flavors. Go early as you can wait a while during the lunch rush. I try to go as soon as it opens.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Went to Soei restaurant because a friend recommended it. They had a lot of choices but they seemed to be specialized in seafood. They had a written down menu and a menu with pictures and I decided to just point out at a picture because it looked super nice. It was fish with some extremely tasty sauce and rice. All of my friends were also happy with their dishes so I must recommend this place. Only downside was that the dishes were a bit small so it is maybe better to come with many people and just order a lot of food and share. We couldn't really do it because some didn't eat fish and some didn't eat shrimps, squid etc so we all just got our own dishes.

Reviewed 2 March 2018

Recommended by Mark Wiens, we found a Thai food haven. We had a big breakfast but couldn't stop eating when we were there. The food was fresh, tasty and non compromising regarding foreigner's taste (no matter nationality). The way they handle the seafood is amazing. Authentic or not I dare not to say since I'm not Thai, but I've been to really local places with local people and Soei is to me authentic.

Do talk to the owners and staff, they are super nice.

Will definitely be back on my next trip to Bangkok.

Btw, the location on Google map is correct.

Reviewed 1 March 2018

Like many others, we found this restaurant through Mark Weins enthusiastic review. It's moved from it's original location. It's tucked away a bit - but it's a pleasant 25 minute walk from Sanam Pao BTS station guided by google maps. There weren't many customers there on a Wednesday lunchtime but the staff are pleasant and helpful, and all the food was really good - including the soft shell crab curry. The bill was reasonable, and they couldn't have been nicer - even ordering a grab taxi with a pre-agreed price to take us to our next destination. Definitely worth the effort.

1  Thank BadSheep
Reviewed 29 January 2018

this restaurant is one of my favourite restaurants, everything on the menu is just fantastic and you really can't go wrong with anything that you order, but you must order the shoft shell crab curry no matter what