Eastin Hotel Makkasan
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Reviews (1 419)
1 419 results
All reviewssky loungeindra squareplatinum mallwalking distanceswimming poolnice hoteltuk tukairport linkshopping areaindian restaurantbangkok cityhigher floorhotel is locatedthai massagebreakfast spreadstar hotelnice breakfast
FilterAll languages
11 - 16 of 1 419 reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

It's wonderful to be back at the Eastin. The staff are fabulous especially when you return. But they also treat their new guest with respect. Nothing is a problem. The Seafood buffet is amazing and the chef's are exceptional. From breakfast, lunch by the pool or dinner you just can't go wrong. Children's Pool Party lunch is great value for families with lots of food and fun on a Sundays. Local massage at Mr. MAC is safe, clean and Miss Sook can treat all your troubles with her health massage. Or simply relax with oil, outstanding value just around the corner. Lots of shopping locally and the Neon Market is just down the road. BOOK direct and ask for a high room, stunning views of Bangkok. Enjoy.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank richardnewtonart
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear richardnewtonart,

Greetings from Eastin Hotel Makkasan Bangkok.

May I begin by thanking you for taking the time and trouble to write a review of your stay at Eastin Makkasan and I truly appreciate your kind words. Given the wide choice of accommodation available in Bangkok I am delighted you chose us and that we lived up to your expectations.

We hope on your next trip you choose to stay with us again as it would be a pleasure to welcome you back.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

As far as the hotel is concerned, hotel is situated on a good location of the Bangkok city, very close to indira market. Hotel rooms were good; breakfast served was also good. But the behavior shown by the reception staff was very inappropriate and rude. I, with my wife, reached the Bangkok after an overnight journey from India; we were quite tired. We reached there before the check in time, hotel staff informed us that as there was no room vacant in the hotel, so we would have to wait till 2:00PM(quite rudely, I can recall her name, she was Ms. Velavan ). We were Ok with that, we decided to wait at reception itself. And after so many attempts, we got the keys at around 4:00PM. For me, regarding the selection of the hotel, the staff shoud be very courteous. Because noone stays at hotel whole day. What matters most is the behavior shown by the people you have to face daily during your stay at the hotel. A single person's inappropriate behavior is sufficient enough to spoil your day/ vacation.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rajat S
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Rajat S,

Greetings from Eastin Hotel Makkasan Bangkok.

May I begin by saying what a pleasure it was to welcome you and your family to Bangkok and thank you for choosing Eastin Makkasan for your stay.

I would like to offer my heartfelt apologies regarding the issue with the air conditioning in your room but as you considered our response to be “quite unprofessional” and that no “alternate option” was given to you in the interests of fairness and balance would like to make the actions made by my team and their best efforts to find a resolution to the problem known to the TripAdvisor readership.

I was extremely concerned to learn of the service you received at the Front Desk as we have an outstanding reputation for the levels of courtesy and attention we provide for our valued guests. As a result of your invaluable feedback I have held a meeting with my Director of Human Resources and Front Office Manager and have introduced extra training as an addition to the hotel’s continuous training program to address the points you raised.

May I end by saying that we hope on your return to Bangkok we might enjoy the pleasure of your company once again. We’d be delighted to welcome you back.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Room was alright but tad too dated and need some refurbishment at the bathroom. Cab drivers do not know the location of this hotel too well - might need to lead the way back to the hotel. Not much food choices around the hotel but has quite a number of massage parlors available. I would much prefer a better location for my next stay in Bangkok.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank serene_yap

Dear serene_yap,

Greetings from Eastin Hotel Makkasan Bangkok.

May I begin by offering my genuine apologies for you recent disappointing experience with us as our one true aim is that our valued guests thoroughly enjoy their time at Eastin Makkasan.

I would also like to share the exciting news that the hotel will be undergoing a multi-million dollar renovation project once budget approval has been granted and hope you have the opportunity to visit us again on your next trip to Bangkok.

May I end by saying we hope you have the opportunity to visit us again in the very near future as one of our valued returning guests.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We booked 2 rooms and were given interconnecting rooms and free upgrade at check in. One King size bed in one room and 2 singles next door. Check in was fast and although we did wait a few minutes we were acknowledged by a staff member who advised will be with us soon. Serving others. The rooms were both spacious and clean. Bed was too hard as is the case in most Asian hotels. There was low traffic noise but didn't bother us as on a higher floor. Couldn't hear anyone either side of us. Breakfast was buffet and had choices for other nationalities, like Asian, Indian, American and British. Food was lovely. Definately a good choice for overnight stay as we did. We were going to use Sky train from the Airport as the stop is close to the hotel but it was peak hour time so took a taxi as too hard with suitcases at busy times. We had dinner at the Attica Sky Lounge with great views of the skyline. Loved how the have a button system at the outside tables to b press one button for drinks, another for food, and one for the bill. Then you don't have to try to get the attention of a staff member when you need something. Food was good and average price. TV channels photo below for those who like to chill out by watching TV. Overall a great hotel.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Heather G,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Friendly and helpful staff, everything is valuable for this trip. We booked the room from their official website and got early check-in at 05:00am at night. Feel valuable because we got 30% discount also in the website. Thus, remember to book the room via their official website.

A bridge link to the hotel (3/F) to Sarasak BTS directly. Only 1 min to go to take BTS!!!! Excellent location and it only take 10 mins to SIAM BTS !!!

It’s really a good expensive to book the Toyota from airport to the hotel. Because it’s not easy to call taxi at our arrival time. We took 45 mins from the airport to the hotel.
(Warm Reminder: The airport representative wear green jacket but he managed a wide range of hotels. If he can hold our name sign is better to distinguish. I suggest visitors to keep his mobile number for calling him when you arrived gate 5.)

The swimming pool picture in the official website is much more prettier than the reality. But it’s still a good view infinity pool.

If you want get the teeth brush, you can call the reception. But I don’t know why this hotel doesn’t provide it in the room. I think it’s an essential for travelers.

The bed and the pillows are extremely comfortable. I think the pillow is the best I have ever tried in different hotel.

The breakfast in hotel is delicious!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple