“Vegan Heaven!”

Ranked #146 of 12 890 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Indian, International
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Neighbourhood: Silom
Description: Suananda serves home style healthy vegetarian meals. Try our daily Ayurvedic Set Menu or choose from various types of cuisines and fusion dishes. Come enjoy a healthy meal in our backyard garden! We also offer yoga classes, cooking workshop, meditation and Ayurvedic consultation & herbal massages.
Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

I have to talk about the food first, because it is absolutely top notch! Most items on the menu are marked vegan, and those that aren’t can be made vegan. There is a huge range available. We had a few different dishes, and all were delicious, but the falafel in particular is not something I will soon forget!
The cafe itself is down a cute little lane. It’s not super easy to find in the dark, as once you turn off Silom Road, it doesn’t look like there is really anything down there. We actually gave up on the first night, but I’m so glad we looked for it during the following day so we knew where to go when we tried again.
The service was fast, but that may have been because we were the only ones there (hopefully just due to it not being peak tourist season).
I wish we were in Bangkok for longer so we could come here again, but we’ll be back one day! Thank you!

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 23 August 2018

Suananada is a quirky eclectic Indian restaurant, far enough off of Silom to be quiet and cozy. The food is more interesting than to be found at more standard northern Indian restaurants, and there is a welcome healthy approach utilizing lots of fresh vegetables and a lower amount of oil, salt, & sugar. Some examples: gotu kola salad with crushed peanuts, asiago slivers, and a tangy dressing (perhaps Burmese?); ginger fritters with 2 flavorful sauces; a southern Indian dosa made of finger millet instead of rice & gram, with fresh spinach & homemade paneer, and 2 kinds of coconut sauces; a crisp paratha stuffed with finely chopped cauliflower; a delightfully low sugar mango lassi; and deeply saffroned kulfi with toasted almond slivers. We avoided the falafel and pad thai on the menu, although it might have been instructive to see how they approached these non-Indian dishes. Another time.
Service was quick, quiet, and friendly. Cost was extremely reasonable.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

My wife and I came here as we often eat vegetarian food and wanted to try somewhere walkable from our hotel.

We ordered the Pad Thai (why not when in Bangkok), the paneer and pea curry, a red rice and a portion of vegetable pakora.

Service was nice, and food was fine and tasty; The rice was lovely although I was surprised that the curry consisted just of the sauce, peas and paneer (I was expecting for their to be other vegetables in addition - but it delivered what it said it would). As for the pad Thai, it was a bit disappointing and I think others would be better to order something else.

Do I think other vegetarians would enjoy this place, yes indeed. However, its not somewhere that I would suggest as a ‘must go’.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

I went with a group of my friends! The place is cosy, friendly staff , excellent food ... but slow service ( although the food is served fresh )

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 14 June 2018

Really tasty vegetarian food with a varied menu. Almost all westerners when we visited at lunch time. Waiter super friendly and spoke perfect English. Down a leafy lane but not difficult to find. Ask your hotel to write the address in Thai. Well worth the visit.

Date of visit: June 2018