Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers
2 775
1 683
2 775
1 683
All reviewsthe rivergarden pooltowers loungeshuttle boatthai restaurantswim up barthe club loungehotel boatriver view roomchao phrayafree boatour honeymoonskytrain stationhigh flooreasy accesswat arunbreakfast buffet
FilterAll languages
22 - 27 of 4 987 reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Pro:Excellent Hotel right on the banks of Chao phraya river.
Excellent view from the room.Always opt for rooms above 17floors.
Good buffet spread.
Con:Took nearly 3hours for check-in.Cannot blame them as we were a large group.
Not much of shopping options nearby.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
GMRosh, General Manager at Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear sunil mathew t,

I do apologize that we didn’t have all rooms available when your group arrived at the hotel, however but thank you for letting us know you enjoyed your time at Royal Orchid Sheraton. We certainly have a great location and the views of the Chao Phraya River are amazing. I’ve shared your kind words about the buffet at Feast with Chef and his team and I’m pleased to let you know that the new Icon Siam shopping mall will open directly opposite our hotel in October this year. Thanks for taking the time to share feedback and I look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed for three nights end of March whilst sightseeing in Bangkok.

The room was fine with a great view. But once we added an extra bed for our daughter it became very small. Kettle was broken so no coffee in the room.

Good location by pier for boats down the river.

Food - bar snacks ok. One good meal in the Thai restaurant and one very average meal. Breakfast is manic.

Drinks eyewateringly expensive.

Overall an ok stay.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear penny t,

Thanks for staying with us at Royal Orchid Sheraton. I appreciate your feedback and have shared it with the appropriate team so they work on improvements moving forward. I’m glad you liked our Chao Phraya riverside location and it sounds like you made good use of the shuttle boats to travel around our neighborhood. I hope the rest of your visit to Bangkok went well and that we will see you again sometime.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The customer service in hotels will always be my indicator for how well I appreciate my stay. I booked this hotel because it was pretty reasonable for only 3 nights and had an amazing waterfront view with multiple pools/easy access to city. Also keep in mind that Uber is technically still illegal in Bangkok as long as you book hotel to hotel then you are ok.The hotel has a ferry that you can take to the train station for free or you can just make it a free boat ride and go on about your day. Overall, the staff was very friendly although I had to remind them I didn't receive my upgrade until I inquired about it after checking into a lowgrade room. Would stay again for a short stay.

Room Tip: If you are gold or platinum guest, be sure to inquire about your upgrade. They will not offer it to you upon check in.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear Laurennicole322,

Many thanks for taking the time to share this review of your stay with us at Royal Orchid Sheraton. I’m really pleased you enjoyed our location and those fabulous views of the Chao Phraya River. Thanks for choosing our hotel and I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Staying currently at this hotel with my husband, although booked for 3 nights, we decided to change today after one night stay. It is absolutely not a five stars facility. Huge hotel, extremely old and outdated. Room smelled like stale cigarettes mixed with some heavy perfume. Stained chairs and carpet, very ran out furniture, old and scratched, all with musky and dirty feeling into it, in dark brown colours. Bathtub with black mould stains in the corners. Pool areas close to restaurants with fried oil smell, pool facilities also looking cheap and old. Breakfast extremely crowded and loud, pretty big selection though. Food in the terrace restaurant we ordered on the day of arrival was cold (spaghetti and wonton soup). The check in pretty unfriendly. The location is allright, but you can have much better hotel in Bangkok by the river. All in all, huge disappointment, will never stay here again.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kata_rantaniemi
GMRosh, General Manager at Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear kata_rantaniemi,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share this review. We are committed to providing exceptional hotel experiences and I very sorry that your stay was not as you hoped it would be. I have shared your comments with the appropriate Department Heads so that they can work with their teams to ensure we make improvements moving forward. Thank you for bringing this to my attention and I hope that you enjoyed the rest of your visit to Bangkok.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I chose to celebrate my Friday night with scrumptious dinner at the Riverside Grill where I was treated with superb hospitality by the waiting staff. Apart from the delectable mocktail and tender grilled chicken served to me, I was strongly impressed with the smiling and welcoming gestures of the staff there (I asked for their names and they were Gai, Up and Jo). Not only did they welcome and treat me nicely but they also managed to give me recommendation on the drink menu and the food menu. When the scallop salad was served, Gai explained about the salad dressing served in four different tubes for me to give me a vivid picture of how nicely they were made. Up assisted me in taking gorgeous photos which showed me his willingness to make the guest happy in every moment. Jo was equally nice, trying to establish rapport which engendered a pleasant experience during my dining moment. It was so cocooned with friendliness and warmth by all the staff.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Dear DebonairChang,

Thank you so much for sharing such positive feedback on your recent experience at Riverside Grill. It sounds like you had a wonderful time overlooking the Chao Phraya River and I’m delighted that team took such good care of you. I know they will be very happy to know how much you enjoyed your evening and I’m sure they look forward to seeing you again soon.