“Exceptional German Cuisine! ”
Review of Suhring

Suhring
Ranked #156 of 12 316 Restaurants in Bangkok
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Went last week as a group of four. Great ambience with panoramic gardens and outdoor seating for guests. The tasting menu is unique and interesting - really puts German avant-garde cuisine on the map! Very relaxed atmosphere with people dressed down and extremely causal (which I don’t always agree with). Overall, excellent. Perhaps the best fine dining Bangkok has to offer.

Reviewed 14 June 2018

Suhring takes German food to a whole new level, one that I have never experienced!
We had the tasting menu, which was exceptional! Great atmosphere. We sat in the "glass house" section (best to get the first seating when the sun is setting). Staff are friendly, chatty, and very knowledgeable (of the menu). Highly recommended.
They accommodate young children (my child is 4 years old). Recommend the sausages for the kids!

Location isn't so convenient, so depending on the time & day of your booking and where you are coming from you should plan to leave 1 - 1.5 hours before your appointment!

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

Went with two of my girlfriends. the experience was very memorable as the food was really good, presentation one of the best and the service tip top. we had the degustation menu and i will definitely recommend friends to go!

Reviewed 4 June 2018

I was invited by my friend for dinner at Sühring,
To be honest at first I wasn’t very excited about the idea of having a German meal.
But I have to say that Sühring twins have exceeded all my expectations.
Located on a quiet residential back street I was quite surprised to find such a restaurant there.
As soon as I walked in I was warmly greeted and directed to my table.
While I was waiting the waiter I think he was called Arm if I remember well introduce and explained me the menu.
My friend finally arrived half an hour late due to Bangkok traffic so I had a glass of their delicious house bubbles which was German I think.
We opted to go for the Erlebnis menu and I have to say I was blown away.
The level of execution the precision of flavours the presentations and general knowledge of the staff was just exceptional !!!
We were so excited after having only a couple of their snacks that we decided to carry on with the wine pairing for the rest of the menu.
The highlights of the evening were the fish burger snack, the cured river trout as a main, the nozaki beef and the spatzle but honestly everything was delicious I just had quite a lot of wine so don’t remember everything.
But I have to say everything was worth it.
So I would like to thanks the chefs that actually changed my vision about German food and also all the waiting staff who were so professional friendly knowledgeable all without been intrusive our evening couldn’t have been any better.
Hats down
Bis bald Sühring

1  Thank PaulMange
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Let me start off by saying that Sühring is definitely one of Bangkok’s best fine dining restaurants, particularly considering the disappointing downfall of Mezzaluna at Lebua, supposedly Bangkok’s finest. Sühring’s beautiful garden, courteous staff, and the fact that it offers select seats for the chefs to prepare food to be delivered to guests over-the-counter all make its Michelin one star well-deserved. We even had the chance to have a quick snap with the twin chefs at work: Mathias and Thomas Sühring, both lovely and talented. However, though, two disappointments marred the otherwise impeccable experience. First and arguably the lesser charge: the wine list was rather limited, even with its provisions of several undervalued German and Austrian gems. Second, the food was great but not outstanding as it could be. The chefs do a great job of incorporating local ingredients into traditional German dishes and their execution is exquisite. Yet, as someone who has lived in Berlin, their signature Currywurst dish was utterly plain. In contrast though, I really enjoyed the Brotzeit-inspired dish as an exemplar of a reinvigorated German tradition. Overall, Sühring is a stellar fusion restaurant and one of the finest of its kind in Bangkok.