All reviews peace pagoda organic food his wife annapurna range everest base camp trek the owner thali clean air lovely family family run bird watching lakeside area hot water quiet location mountain view sunrise hospitality
Reviewed 13 February 2015

As soon as we reached the Siddhartha Garden we got a very warm welcome by the owner Ishwor. We could even choose our room because at that time there were no other guests.
The meals were delicious. Very fresh from the own garden and prepared with LOVE.
Ishwor is like a tornado. Always busy, joking, laughing and always trying to please his guests. So are his wife and daughters. He took us to the village to a special birthdayparty. It was a lifetime experiance. Very impressive.
The evenings at the open fire on the terrace we will never forget. As the views from the Annapurna mountains, the lake and Pokhara. The image is breathtaking and changing by the minute.
This is a home-away-from-home. As a present we got freshly picked oranges from the garden. And...a warm goodbye.

Date of stay: January 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Ishwor_Thapa, Owner at Siddhartha Garden Ayurveda, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2015

We are happy that you had a pleasant experience at siddhartha garden ayurveda. We will keep on working hard to make siddhartha garden ayurveda a better place for your future stay. Thank you for your kind compliments.

Reviewed 2 February 2015

This is the best stay during my whole tour in Nepal !! Ishwor and his family are so nice and warm, and we are even invited to a local ceremony celebrating a boy's coming-of-age ceremony !! That's a once-in-a-life-time experience!!! We feel so pleased with all the organic food freshly picked from garden, as well as the sensational Himalayan range seeing from rooftop. Ishwor even woke up very early to guid us seeing the sunrise from the nearby spot. I couldn't show any more gratitude to Ishwor and his family :) Highly recommandedly and will definitely come back and stay longer~

Room tip: The room on the second floor in the main building is suitable for 4 ppl with a big terrace and spectacular view.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you for your kind words of appreciation and high praise for siddhartha garden ayurveda. We aim at continual improvement and assure you that your future stay with us even more pleasurable.

regards,

Reviewed 8 January 2015

Peacefull and quiet place. Delicious homemade foods. But you have to order your food 2 hours in advance. Good hospitality, great views. very nice room, have wifi in the room. Good laundry service. Everything is good. My son didn't want to leave! Highly recommended

Date of stay: December 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Ishwor_Thapa, Owner at Siddhartha Garden Ayurveda, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2015

Thank you for kindly choosing to stay at Hotel Siddhartha Garden Ayurveda. we will make sure that your future stay will be more delightful. Thank you for your kind compliments. we will look forward to your future visit at Hotel Siddhartha Garden Ayurveda.

Reviewed 5 January 2015

Having booked a tour that involved lots of moving around, l wanted somewhere peaceful and quiet to relax before heading back to Australia. I found Siddhartha Garden through TripAdvisor and could not be more happy with my choice of accommodation. The location was ideal, away from the hectic Kathmandu/Pokhara, the views looking down over the lake and city amazing. My first nights accommodation was perfect enough, but Ishwor (great man) offered to upgrade me to a huge room with an enormous bathroom (so big it echoed) because l was staying a full week. I accepted and could not have been more pleased. It was very comfortable and relaxing.
The food here (l still have 2 nights in paradise left) is sensational. I didn't need or want to travel down to the city for lunch or dinner as all l needed was here. The food is prepared using home grown organic produce, and so much care is taken in the preparation.
Above all, the main reason this place works is due to the amazing Thapa family and staff. So welcoming and warm! So generous and caring! They continually insist on you 'being' a part of their family, and l most certainly felt that way.

Will definitely be coming back- a fantastic place to relax before and/or after touring or trekking in Nepal.

• Trip type: Travelled solo

regards,

Reviewed 4 January 2015

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay with the Thapa family at Siddhartha Garden Ayurveda (SGA). It’s a charming little homestay overlooking Annapurna range away from the Pokhara city center. The place is very well managed by Ishwor his wife Tara and two daughters Sushmita and Ashmita. To begin with I found cab fare from the inter city bus station to SGA expensive (NPR 800). So after a quick phone call from the bus center I was promptly picked up by Ishwor on his a two-wheeler to the homestay. The road to SGA up the hill is bumpy and took about 15-20 minutes to get there. The first thing that absolutely stunned me was the view of the Himalayan range from SGA. To add to the joy I had the spacious rooftop room with plenty of sunshine and a direct view of the Himalayans from my bed! The homestay is surrounded by lush garden of organic vegetables, fruits and flowers. For breakfast I could always pick a banana from the garden to go with lovely lemon grass or masala tea. One of the dinners was super sumptuous Nepali thali cooked by Sushmita with freshest ingredients picked up from their very own garden. Ishwor kindly arranged for a paragliding trip for me and had great suggestions on what can be done in and around Pokhara. In the evenings I used to sit with the family around fire under the stars exchanging stories of our days. On my last day I was sent away with an honor of traditional good luck stole and freshly plucked oranges from the tree in the garden for my return journey home. SGA had very good free wi-fi connectivity even in the scheduled power cut hours. I would definitely come to stay back here to experience the warm hospitality one more time. My only hunch is the location of SGA which would take a bumpy road trip or a taxing hike plus a boat ride to connect to main Pokhara city center.

Room tip: the spacious rooftop room with plenty of sunshine and a direct view of the Himalayans from my bed!
Date of stay: December 2014