All reviews rooftop restaurant hot water comfortable and clean rooms general manager indian visa ten minute walk nice rooftop place to stay solo traveller thamel area enjoyed my stay top floor nice room home away from home sanjay wifi receptionist
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

The staff here is fantastic and they are willing to do anything to make your stay the best! They let us keep our bags in a store room while we went on a hike and their showers are glorious! Plus they have a television on the top floor with all the movies you could ask for! The breakfast in the morning consists of eggs, toast, potatoes, and the choice of chai tea or coffee! They kept the rooms really clean as well! Each bed came with a nice fluffy blanket and a secure locker! The only hard part about our stay was the dogs barking outside so make sure that you bring some ear plugs or white noise maker! I would recommend this place to everyone coming to Kathmandu though! It is a short walk to the touristy area and lots of cheap restaurants surrounding the hostel!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Fam0us99, Owner at Famous House Kathmandu Youth Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

thank you for your positive comments.

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Great place to stay. Very clean and very polite and generous staff. Has a cool roof seating area along with awesome wifi and tons of free movies to watch in the lobby area. Would stay here again. No compliants.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Fam0us99, General Manager at Famous House Kathmandu Youth Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Reviewed 31 May 2018

They were willing to work with us on our budget which was a huge help to us. They cooked a great breakfast for us every morning in the rooftop restaurant. The wifi was great the entire time. We had hot showers almost every time. The workers were very friendly and hospitable during our stay.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

All the staff are very kind and welcoming! I arrived with a fever and they helped me get medicine and made sure I was feeling better. The rooms are clean and facilities were perfectly acceptable. There’s also a rooftop restaurant with a nice view. But most of all I would recommend because of the friendly staff!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo

Reviewed 28 April 2018

I stayed here last year for 10 days and I came back to the same place because of the amazing staff and cosy room. If I come back to Nepal, I'd be choosing the same place. The roof top restaurant is very spacious,neat and clean. The staff is very helpful,kind and resourceful. The food is great. Love the breakfast ! There's wifi connectivity practically everywhere and the shower is hot. Sanjay and Milan have been very helpful over my stay. Good value for money !

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Fam0us99, Owner at Famous House Kathmandu Youth Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2018

Thank you for y0ur review.