All reviews nice garden banana porridge hot shower rooms are clean double beds are great place to stay breakfast included in the price lovely guesthouse homely place working wifi busy thamel restaurants and shopping poon hill every morning guest house barking dogs recommend staying here
Reviewed 5 September 2015

We've been volunteering in Kathmandu for two weeks and a friend of us recommended Andes House. And after staying there for quite some time, I can see why! The rooms are good and clean, with quite a big bathroom. We enjoyed having hot showers, a ventilator, and a light that still worked during powercuts. But the greatest luxury of all was having Babu, Deepak and Santosh there, who made us feel at home! After a long day of painting, there was always a cup of tea ready for us and someone who was genuinely interested in how our day had been. When my boyfriend got ill, I had no doubts leaving him in the great care of the owners, who would check up on him regularly and even cooked him some rice. Long story short: If your hotelguests find each other at the airport and decide to stick together, you must've done something right!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 403, which has a huge bathroom and a great bed!
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Maaike v
Reviewed 2 September 2015

What I loved?

-comfortable beds.
-endless cups of tea.
-lovely garden area to chill or read in.
-the staff (Babu, Deepak, May and Santosh) really make this place. They are such kind and helpful people. Deepak can arrange any travel needs but unlike many kathmandu guesthouses they are in no way pushy. They have great knowledge of travelling in India and Nepal and will be able to advise you on travel plans.
-a simple breakfast is provided. (eggs cooked to your preference, simple toast with butter and jam, banana and instant nescafe).
-the bathrooms in this newly designed guesthouse are big (so the shower is not located over the toilet like in many places!). Bathrooms are designed to dry really quickly which is a really nice touch.
-they have a really cute and very friendly dog.

What could be even better in my opinion?

-cupboards in bedrooms for clothes/belongings.
-cleaning rooms (emptying bins, providing toilet paper) on a daily basis. Or at least making clear when rooms will be cleaned.
-website advises that wifi is available in all rooms but wifi is limited to the communal areas only. This should be made clear on the website.
-Serve filter coffee at breakfast

Overall, this is a lovely new, clean and friendly guesthouse and (if having wifi in your room is not important for you) I would really recommend staying here. I will definitely return in the future and will recommend to friends.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank olo14
Reviewed 27 August 2015

I have visited this bread and breakfast hostel-hotel just before the terrible earthquake. One thing stood out to me instantly, i was at home. The rooms are basic, a comfy bed, clean sheets and a table. racks, one chair and bedside tables. The gem of this particular hostel is the people.. and puchche, the ever-jolly, chew monster adorable dog. Karki (Babu) and Deepak, the co owners runs this hostel with the help of two-three more people. They are what makes this hostel. They are always there to meet you, greet you and help you however they can. Be it from laundry service to arrange a sightseeing as per your choice, they are the best hosts i have ever met. Last but not the least, I should mention the non-english speaking Santosh, the breakfast cook and your go to guy for a nice cup of tea. The hostel has a well decorated garden infront of it where you can just sit down any time of the day to just relax and have a smoke! I am definitely going back here on my next trip.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floors have nicer views
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Michelle R
Reviewed 22 August 2015 via mobile

We were welcomed by all the staff at Andes guest house. They really couldn't of done more to help us. From picking us up from the airport to helping us plan our way to India.

They also booked our guide beam for the Annapurna circuit who was the best.

We had breakfast at the guest house every morning and they went out of their way to make us feel at home.

The location is great(just remember your way home on the first night as it looks different in the dark!!!!)

Thanks so much! Really cannot fault the guest house and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is looking to stay in Katmandu.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Leannelangdon
Reviewed 11 August 2015 via mobile

I recommend this place! We stayed one night before going to a trekking in Himalaya and the place was very clean, there was no problem to leave some clothes in the locker during the trekking, complete breakfast, the staff always taking care of you, and it is a little oasis inside the noisy Thamel. Now it is the second time that we are staying there and I love to spend some hours in the garden reading or using the free wifi that they provide to you. Very nice place!”

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends