Open today: 09:00 - 17:00
Review Highlights
You can commit with confidence

We worked with Mum last year & I have done a previous review. Returning with my family (kids aged... read more

Reviewed 25 June 2018
patrickk281
Llandyrnog, United Kingdom
via mobile
Trekking in Nepal

If you are looking for a trekking guide in Nepal this is the place! Very honest, hospitable, caring... read more

Reviewed 8 June 2018
vrogozina91
Spokane, Washington
via mobile

All reviews knowledgeable guides mera peak beautiful scenery everest base camp national park great guide amazing trek amazing experience treks expedition nepal mountains team manaslu flight beauty guidance
Reviewed 2 June 2018

My group of friends had heard about Destination Himalaya from a mutual friend and we decided to check it out. We ended up going and the staff was so friendly. They served us coffee when we sat down and talked about the trek we wanted to do and they were very informative. The price was very reasonable and our guide was amazing. We had Bahrat Gurung and he was awesome, very informative and also very selfless. Always looked after our needs before himself, sometimes a little too much. Definitely would recommend to anyone looking to do a trek.

Destination Him... T, Owner at Destination Himalaya Treks and Expedition, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2018

Dear Michael, Namaste !!
Thanks for your job doing in Trip Advisor. I hope we will again be able to arrange your Everest Base Camp trekking in near future.

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

For no particular reason I choose Kathmandu as my next destination for leisure trip. Honestly, When I started to look out for sightseeing options, it was extremely confusing and hard... until I contacted Min Gurung.
Since the first email he clarified all our questions and even convince us to do some trekking. All trips are fully customizable which is highly appreciated and prices are very competitive compared to other agencies.
Can’t wait to have this amazing experience, but based on Min service and even friendship, I’m sure it will be perfect!

Destination Him... T, Owner at Destination Himalaya Treks and Expedition, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Dear Ruben,
Thank you for your posting in Trip Advisor. We really appreciate your preview on this forum. We really look dorward to arranging your trip and make your trip wonderful. Have a grat time ahead.

Regards
Min Gurung
Destination Himalaya Treks

Reviewed 2 April 2018

It was an absolutely great trek to lower Dolpo. Although we couldn´t cross the two high passes Numa La and Baga La because of two much snow it was an fantastic trip.
Thanks to our abolutely professional guide Bharat and Min Gurung.

Destination Him... T, Owner at Destination Himalaya Treks and Expedition, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Edwin, Namaste !!
Thank you for your feedback about Lower Dolpo trekking which you had recently done with us. It's so good to hear that you are very happy and satisfied with us even you couldn't cross 2 passes. Ye's weather became quite unfair at that region, so it's weather we cann't trust it.
Once again thank you for giving us an opportunity to arrange your trekking. Look forward to arranging your trip soon.

Min and Destination Himalaya Treks

Reviewed 16 January 2018

With Destination Himalaya we had a wonderful trek in Lower and Upper Dolpo. It was a one in my life time adventure in the most beautiful and unknown part of Nepal and everything went splendid because of the excellent organisation of Min, the very concerned and friendly guiding from Barath, and the presence and help of our very friendly porter Narsing, ever cheerful cook San Desha and our horse driver the always smiling Puyna Budha. Their flexibility, reliability and good mood made it for me the experience I will never forget. It took us 24 day of walking time in a fine tempo and reasonable distances every day. Also the planned daily ascentsion was perfect for a good acclimation. The journey took us a total of 35 days. We flew via Nepalgunj to Jumla and walked in nine days to Ringmo near the magic blue lake Phoksundo. We overnight in very cosy and welcome teahouses and have had lovely meals. Then we walked to Jomsom through the enchanting and Upper Doplo landscape. We camped at nice spots and often nearby or in picturesque villages inhabited with hospitable and friendly people. We have had varied tasty meals, we sing cheerful Nepalese songs and made fun with each other. So yes, I recommended Destination Himalaya sincerely and I am very grateful to them for this marvellous trek.
Frans

1  Thank fransjoosstens
Destination Him... T, Owner at Destination Himalaya Treks and Expedition, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Dear Frans,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review on this travel forum. We always like to hear such a feedback from our clients. Our aim is always make our clients happy and respect their paid value. As you know Upper Dolpo trek is really tough to organize as its remoteness and special official procedure. And don't organize this trek frequently as only few people like to do this trekking because it's expensive trek for trekkers. However we got our victry and made you very happy. We really hope to organize your next adventure trek in near future. Thank you once again.

Min Gurung
and
Destination Himalaya Team

Reviewed 13 January 2018

We (my friend and I), had a very nice trek for 5 weeks in October/November 2017 in the Lower and Upper Dolpo region. It was a great adventure in a beautiful mountain world. The trek was a great success, thanks to the experience guidance and assistance from Destination Himalaya treks. If you are an experience trekker and like to visit isolated Buddhist places then this trek is one of them. I did many treks with Destination Himalaya treks and was never disappointed. They have many experience in all kinds of trekking’s and expeditions and are very flexible in the way how you want to do the trek.

Dear Henk, Namaste !!
Thank you Henk for giving us an opportunity to response your review once again. We are so glad that we could make your trip wonderful as your previous treks with Destination Himalaya. I am now preparing your next trip Humla Simikot, it's again challenging trip operation for us but we really looking forward it. Look forward to meeting you in Nepal soon. Have a wonderful time ahead !!

Min Gurung and Destination Himalaya Team