“Manalsu Circuit Trek itinerary”

Adventure Magic Treks and Expedition - Day Tour To Kathmandu Valley
More attraction details
Owner description: Adventure Magic Treks and Expedition is Nepal based Travel and Outdoor Company started by a team of experienced and dedicated proficient Guides/leaders who are experts in leading treks, tours and expeditions to the Himalayas and also Offers day tours.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Shankhar is able to assist me and help to customize the trip. My guide and porter is excellent during the trek,

All reviews
"sleeping bag"
"bucket list"
"experienced guide"

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This was a very delayed trip for all the three of us...delayed for more than 10yrs. Finally, somewhere in 2016, we decided to embark on it. I began to search online for a Nepali outfitter to carry out our plan. After emailing a couple of trekking companies, it was easy to decide on Adventure Magic Treks & Expedition with credits due to Shankar (the owner). He was very responsive and had a good command of English. We communicated through Watsapp and he was always prompt in his replies even with the timezone difference.

We had an itinerary for 18 days EBC Gokyo Chola Pass trek which would take us to an altitude of 5700m.

Finally, the day came for us to set foot in Nepal for the very first time. We were met by our appointed guide, Ganesh, right after getting out of the Kathmandu airport. We spent our first night in Hotel Thamel. Shankar met us in the hotel to welcome us.

The next morning, we took a flight to Lukla to begin our adventure. As we did this trek in March, we had expected the temperature to be low. However, from the very first day on the trek, the cold overwhelmed us. We were able to endure the cold while on the trek but to sleep in rooms with temperatures lower than a regular chiller at the end of the day, was too torturous for us. With 18 years of experience under his belt, Ganesh encouraged us by instilling positive thoughts on a daily basis. From the start of the trek, he told us that the trip was our holiday and we should take it easy and do it ‘bistari bistari (slowly slowly)’. Indeed, that was the way to do it. Along the way, he made sure that all of us were well and that we were served promptly during meals time. He switched between a man with few words and one with hearty laughters and humorous conversations. On the trek, we heard of guides whom were uncaring and irresponsible from other trekkers. Ganesh frowned upon hearing these. He went to the extend of overseeing the cooking procedures at places and teahouses that we ate in, to ensure that the foods were freshly cooked and according to requirements. Ganesh proved indispensable when AMS striked one of us at Gorak Shep. He made the quick decision of evacuating by horse ride to lower altitude as it was in the evening and my friend’s oxygen level was dropping rapidly. Ganesh immediately called upon the porters (we had a pair of brothers who were equally reliable) to inform them about the situation and to entrust the rest of us to one of them as the other one were to leave together with our friend and him. In a situation of such urgency, Ganesh did not even allowed the horse owner to fleece us. He made a fast negotiation on behalf of us. When we were reunited with our friend the next day in Periche, we were told by our friend that Ganesh and the porter had to run behind the horse to accompany him and to ensure his safety along the way in the dark and on treacherous rocky paths. We were really greatful to have Ganesh as our guide and Durga and PSD as our porters.

2  Thank Grayee
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

It was a very tough trip due to the very cold temp at night and acclimitisation issues. I was having a running nose so that further compounded my problems. Nevertheless..we managed to get to the new base camp after 8 days trekking with the good support from Shankar's guides. Back to Gorekshep i was having high altitude sickness..nauseous..short of breath..etc and fortunately with Shankar's assistance managed to arrange for a heli ride back to kathmandu hospital..where i slowly recovered. Strongly recommend Adventure Magic for EBC tours..very helpful guides.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My two friends and I hiked to EBC with Adventure Magic Treks and Expedition and loved it! My guide was incredibly thoughtful and caring (Krishna). We had to spend an extra day in Lukla and Shankar made all the arrangements for us to switch hotel dates and flights and even found a driver for us from Pokhara! I felt supported by Shankar the entire time I was in Nepal (even after my trip with his company had finished). I strongly suggest going with Adventure Magic Treks and Expedition (we also found that we had the best price/package when comparing to other travellers on our trek!)