See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 June 2015

Was staying here more or less for 2 months before and after the earthquakes. Good internet in rooms, awesome staff, close to everything, unbeatable value for your money: this list is endless.

I think many people now ask is it safe after the earthquake. My opion: Yes! I saw only 1 or 2 minor cracks on the walls, mostly fallen paint. I stayed there many nights during the aftershocks, never felt unsafe.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank nik074
Reviewed 25 May 2015

This was my second visit to Kathmandu in the past year and I have stayed at a few different hotels in Thamel. The Himalayan Traveller's Inn is by far my favorite and as it is affordably priced and conveniently located. The rooms were clean and comfortable and they offered free WiFi and onsite laundry services. There is a nice little outdoor courtyard area onsite serving fantastic food and reasonable prices. The garden courtyard was a nice little escape from the hustle and bustle of Thamel.

What sets this hotel apart from others is the friendliness and willingness to please of the staff. When you stay here you don't feel like a guest but rather like friends of the staff. They went above and beyond my expectations to ensure that my stay was enjoyable. You will not be disappointed with your stay here and I doubt you would find a better hotel in this price range in Thamel.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank jennifercH7723QM
Reviewed 20 April 2015 via mobile

I discovered this hotel as part of a tour with Mountain Ram Adventures. It's was clean and all the staff were very helpfull. You ask and they brought all you need. Laundry and internet available. Nice courtyard with good restaurant for all meals. No need for a Nepali charger. Not problem for long HOT showers after your long trekking days. Calm location in the middle of Thamel market.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 April 2015 via mobile

I have stayed here for more than one week and have found this to be a great hotel.
It's clean and great value for money.
WHFi is good in all rooms.
The staff are fantastic and are willing to help in anyway.
It's in a great central location.
I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Rollos57
Reviewed 16 April 2015

Staff was EXCEPTIONAL. Went above and beyond to ensure the best stay possible. The owner, Ram, was simply wonderful. Reached out to me on several occasions to make sure I was enjoying my time in Nepal. Facilities were clean and the restaurant served excellent food. Location was perfect. Best customer service experience I encountered in months of travelling in SE Asia. Would recommend to anyone!

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo