Reviews (1 034)
1 034 results
All reviews forest walk hole golf course indoor pool spotted deer house restaurant dolma spa treatments relaxing stay kathmandu city main restaurant rooms are large away from the hustle and bustle an oasis busy city leeches nepal jacuzzi
509 - 514 of 1 034 reviews
Reviewed 5 June 2015

My first business visit to Nepal and it was certainly a pleasant experience and the one that I will remember always. Warm greetings from staffs each time they pass by you. The peaceful area away from the hustle and bustle of the city. It made it look like Gokarna was a place far away from the city, up in the mountains but in actual fact, it is just 10-15mins away from Thamel Street.

Worried about the condition of the hotel at first but however, upon reaching the hotel we found it was safe and very much functional. It made us forget about our tiredness from the flight and coming back to Gokarna every evening after business dealings was the highlight of my day. Gorkarna will always be MY CHOICE of hotel whenever i'm in Kathmandu!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank Sureendra R
Bdmgokarna, Manager at Gokarna Forest Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2016

Namaste & Greetings from Gokarna Forest Resort!!!

Thank You for your post on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your positive feedback about the resort and the services offered. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for giving us a perfect rating and recommending our Resort to other travellers.

We look forward to welcome you soon at the property. Thank You for choosing Gokarna Forest Resort!

Reviewed 5 June 2015

I recently spent 8 days at the Gokarna Forest Resort. Peace and tranquility with excellent service in all areas, especially loved the full service spa and swimming after a day in town. Daily yoga no charge. The entire facility is open, fully functional and I was very safe. Great breakfast buffet to start the day, the resort driver took me anywhere I wanted to go (free shuttle to town for shopping available too). Did I mention it is a palace? Low key. In the middle of an incredible forest reserve once used only by royalty for hunting. Great golf course and even paintball for team building skills. I returned for the last two days of my extended trip as it is my favorite place to stay in Nepal. Highly recommend it and I will return.

Room Tip: Stayed in two rooms, two checkins, both great. Love going to the bar in the afternoon for free wifi and drinks.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank whaleswimmerTonga

Reviewed 3 June 2015

My wife and I had some business in Kathmandu giving the situation and all the devastation from the recent earthquake we are very pleased with our decision to stay at Gokarna. This is not our first visit the Nepal and we found that the hustle and bustle of downtown Kathmandu was too distracting when trying to relax. Our first visit we headed up to a hill station which was very nice with amazing views of the mountains however the drive was long and the roads were a bit sketchy. Gokarna is minutes from the airport and allows you to still enjoy what Kathmandu has to offer with the hill station feeling.

STAFF - extremely helpful, knowledgable, and pleasant you would not even know that outside their lives could be completely in a state disaster outside of their work.

ROOMS- They are very clean spacious with great views of the courtyard. The rooms have all the amenities that you could ask for however please remember this is Nepal and the power sometimes goes out briefly not more than 30 sec during my 3 night stay.

Golf Course- Very well maintained with a challenging layout. The greens are well kept and placed to challenge most golfers with a double digit handicap, the fairways are tight forcing you to play a conservative style or risk loosing a few balls in the water hazards. There is plenty of wild life roaming around (monkey's, deer and birds). Once again courteous and knowledgable staff in the club house and they have everything that you may have forgotten club rental, balls shirts, tees, hats, sun screen, gloves and much more.

Spa- The spas is very professionally operated clean and well maintained. There is a nice variety spa choices for both men and women I had a after golf massage which I must admit was very relaxing and stretched out my sore muscles after playing two rounds in three days lol.

There are other amenities here that I never got the chance to explore like hiking, horseback riding, mountain biking.

Shopping is available for the last minute gift that you forgot to pick up.
The bar is well stocked and is decorated very nicely with local Nepalese live entertainment in the evening.

The scenery is simply peaceful and relaxing with wild life roaming around mowing the grass (deer) monkeys climbing on the buildings with security attempting to chase them off (makes for great entertainment after a few cold pints)

We will definitely stay here whenever we visit Kathmandu I highly recommend this beautiful oasis amongst the chaos of the city.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Jeff C

Reviewed 2 June 2015

to my suprise it was a splendid resort, did not expect such kind of resort in Kathmandu,
Luckily it is sound and undamaged after the devastating Nepal Earthquake.

the staff is courteous, and warm.

Nice driving golf course,

njoy the indoor pool with a separate jacuzzi and steam.

all in all a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: ask for suit rooms, which are newly built !!!
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2015

We stayed for 3 nights, a week before the earthquake struck. The hotel is in a lovely location, away from the hustle and bustle of central Kathmandu but close enough to the tourist sites. There was a tourist bus provided f.o.c which was a good bonus.

All staff provided excellent service and were helpful and courteous throughout. Special thanks should go to Sumita who went out of her way to make our stay in Kathmandu special, especially after the guy on the "travel desk" (whom I dont think is directly employed by the hotel), seemed determined not to be very helpful with our enquiries about the Everest flight. Thankfully, Sumita saved the day and made my 50th birthday so very memorable.

We stayed in a room on the edge of the forest and a short stroll from the main hotel. The room was nice and spacious and with nice forest canopy outlook. The only downside was the walls were a bit thin, so we could quite clearly hear the neighbours.

Originally we were trying to decide on whether to book Gokarna or the Hyatt. After visiting Boudha Stupa we went and checked out the Hyatt and found it to be central for the sites but that also meant the air was more polluted. Overall, we were very glad that we made the choice to go to Gokarna, as it is much more tranquil.
We would definitely choose to return to this hotel.

Room Tip: The first floor rooms apart from the main hotel have wonderful tree canopy views.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple