“Awesome in every way”

Ranked #19 of 963 Restaurants in Kathmandu
Price range: US$1 - US$6
Cuisines: Nepalese
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Mitho is a small cozy cafe-restaurant in Thamel, Kathmandu, near Chhetrapati Chowk with its famous Bodhi Tree. For more than 15 years Mitho has been known for its affordable, tasty food and its relaxing, homely athmosphere. We specialize in authentic & modern Nepali, Indian food, as well as delicious specialties from other countries (world food). Visit us for breakfast, lunch, dinner or just for a relaxing time with good drinks... Coffee, tea, smoothies, yoghurts, sandwiches, dal bhat, curries, masalas, tandooris, salads Buddha bowls, tagines, steaks, pizzas...
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Really tasteful interior, fantastic menu with healthy options and very good coffee. Good views from the 2nd floor :)

Reviewed 24 June 2018

Our first meal was eaten here, and it was nice.
I ordered the Aloo Gobi (potato and cauliflower curry) with some naan and it was quite good, the portion is a bit much for one person, and it was a bit bland, nevertheless, it was good. I also ordered the mango smoothie, I watched as the chef checked each mango to see if it was ripe or not, which really impressed me. It was very refreshing, and I kept craving another smoothie long after I left. The aloo paratha is sub-par, and the dal bhat was very nice.

The atmosphere of the restaurant is beautiful, it has a nice view. I could picture myself reading in there for quite some time, with a latte beside me. The restaurant is very clean, and the bathroom even cleaner.

If you pass by this restaurant, definitely go inside.

1  Thank Meow M
Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

I ordered veg soup, and my friend ordered veg thukpa. When my soup arrived it was less than half the size of my friend's, even though they were the same price. When I asked the manager why this was, he was very rude and abusive. The food here is cheap but the poor attitude of the staff ruined this meal for us.

MithoRestaurant, Owner at Mitho Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Thank you, for your valuable time my Friend,

I’m very sorry to hear this. It’s confusing, because, I’m the owner and I do not recall this situation and your complaint.

As you can see in also the other reviews, we care about staff politeness a lot. It’s our goal to give you a homely feeling. Any issue you describe we normally solve quickly without any problem. For that reason it’s a strange story.

However, I’m sorry to read this review and to hear your disappointment. If you’re still in Kathmandu, or if you visit Kathmandu again, please come to see me, ok? Ask for KB Thapa...

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

We’ve visited Mitho 4 times in 2 weeks on this trip to Kathmandu, we’re delighted by the renovations and the excellence of the food. KB, the owner and his wife Eesha are perfect hosts and always make sure all the guests are being well looked after. The staff are friendly and helpful and the general ambience is beautiful, understated and so relaxing. We especially love the Nepal food , mo mos, pakoras and Dahl dishes. We’re looking forward to many more visit over the next 2 weeks of our stay.

Reviewed 7 June 2018

Its an excellent restaurant, everyday i went their for meals. I visited this place at least 4 times and tried a lot of different dishes. Their Citrus mint Ice tea is very refreshing, from their momo platter to dal to wraps to pizza everything was delicious.
Must try: Chilli chicken and momo variety plate. Also they have this delicious dessert - smooth, creamy, melted chocolate with nuts.